Student referal system

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am interested in different student referal programs that school owners use to generate leads & new students.

What do you use that works?

Have you tried any that did not work well?

Do you use or have in place more than one type referal system?

Do you reward students that bring in prospects?

How do you reward students that bring in prospects that end up enrolling?

Thank you, your in the arts,
Teej

OP
T

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dear Moderator,

Would you please move this post of mine to the "School Management" section for better viewing.

Thank you,
Teej

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
what my old school used to do:

on halloween, each student would be given a stack of coupons for "one free karate lesson" to hand out along with candy to trick or treaters. the student would write their first name on the back of the coupon, and anyone who had someone come in with their name on a coupon who actually signed up for at least a month, got a month free.

any student who brought in another student who signed up for at least a month got a month free.

if students are offered a month free for each student that signs up for at least a month, the school doesn't lose any money, because it doesn't cost you anything to have one extra body in your class.

something else that can work: have someone who knows what they're doing design a pamphlet that can be saved in a .pdf or .doc format. students can download the file, fill in their name in a text box in an inconspicuous spot on the back, and print out flyers and brocures for you. That way, your printing costs are zero. Then, they can leave the flyers and brochures in local businesses, like hair and nail salons, restaurants, doctors or vet's offices, anywhere where someone has to sit and wait and would be likely to pick something up and read it. Include a coupon for "one free lesson with this brochure" so they have to bring the brochure and you know which student is responsible. again, reward the student with a free month of lessons for everyone who signs up for at least a month.