Stretching Machines

K

Kenpo Wolf

Hello people. I'm thinking of buying one of those stretch machines to aid my poor flexibilty and I have a few questions before I do. Thanks in advance for any help given

1. Being a man of 280 pounds of semi solid muscle, will I be too heavy for one.

2. Do they actally work as the ads say or is it just hype.

3. Which one or brand would you folks recommend. I was looking at the new one from century, but if they're any better ones, which ones are they

4. Any experiences, good or bad, would be appreciated

OP
S

sweeper

to number one, it probably deppends on the specific machine.

to number two, that deppends on the adds.

to number four, I have never used one but have known a few people who have and used to go to a judo gym where there was one. From my understanding of them they pritty much don't do anything, that is to say they don't realy stretch you in any way you can't stretch yourself. In some ways it can be safer to use a machine bu also if you aren't carfull it can also be used to over stretch and cause dammage.. So my advise would be.. read the manual and know your physical limits.

OP
M

Monkey King

I've actually done this with great results. Go here:

http://www.stadion.com/secrets.html

I had one of those tri-leg stretchers and I don't even use it anymore. It's been recylced into something else.

These exercises really work. It may take some people longer but the results are worth it.

OP
S

Shinzu

i have had some experience with stretch machines. i think they are good and bad.

good that it can help your flexability, but bad that they are limited. there are only certain exercises that each machine offers.

flexability should be developed everywhere, not just your legs or thighs.

i have found that repeated streching on my own worked out better for me, but whatever you decide... best of luck to you :)