Stopping Snail Spam

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We try all kinds of ways to stop SPAM from hitting our e-mail boxes, but many of us probably still have to deal with what's called Junk Mail in our regular mailboxes. Well here's several ways to stop them... read on...

Junk your junk mail

By Huddler Green Home Posted Fri Oct 3, 2008 5:27pm PDT

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/huddlergreenhome/23/junk-your-junk-mail.html

1003junkmail.jpg

Use these nine tips to help save some of the 100 million trees chopped down annually to produce junk mail in the United States:

1. Register your name with the Direct Marketing Association's Mail Preference Service. After you do this, the DMA will add you to its "Do Not Mail" database.

1. If you do business with a company via mail services, it will put you on its contact list. So the first time you make a transaction (such as placing an order) with that company, ask to be put on its "in-house suppress" or "do not promote" lists. Tell the company not to "rent" or share your name with other companies.

1. To stop junk mail from credit card, mortgage, and insurance companies, try going to OptOutPreScreen.com which allows you to remove your name from lists generated by the four major credit bureaus-- Equifax, Innovis, TransUnion, and Experian.

1. Get the Stop the Junk Mail Kit from the Consumer Research Institute. This kit comes with pre-addressed postcards for you to send to companies that send you those annoying catalogs, wasteful postcards, and unnecessary brochures.
More to be found at the link....

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for prompting me on this, Caver.

I have been registered with the TPS for years and that has effectively cut my phone sales (aka nuisance) calls to zero but havenot made the extra moves necessary to stop junk mail.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really don't get much junk mail these days. But if you want to have some fun with it... Save up a few flyers, postcards, etc from the various companies, stuff them in one of the free reply envelopes and send it off.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been registered for years too, and my junk mail dropped way down; mostly I only get flyers, etc., from companies I do business with and the ones addressed to "resident" or something similar. I also noticed a drop in my snail spam when I had my phone number unlisted - which helped with phone spam as well.

Latest Discussions