FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
stevenseagalemotionchart9ax.jpg

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, I once saw Steven Segal give a big, friendly smile once. Damn near fell off my chair.

There used to be a guy that ran a Friday(?) night program that showcased foreign movies. If you had a billingual television you could see old movies in English. Every gaijin who lived in Japan before cable knew and watched this guy. His signature ending was to say "sayonara" three times at the end of the program.

And sometimes he would interview foriegn actors when they were in Japan prior to showing their movies. Segal must have been a watcher when he lived in Japan and loved this guy like all the rest of us did. And when he did the interview Segal just couldn't keep up the tough guy front and smiled and joked with the guy. I thought it amazing.

I also remember that there was a commercial he did for a drug store chain in Japan that has him riding down the street on a bike and singing. It did not last long on the air, but I think I could find it someday.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i have a couple of viedos of Segal teaching seminars and he was laughing and jokeing with the students so i know he can smile

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
i have a couple of viedos of Segal teaching seminars and he was laughing and jokeing with the students so i know he can smile

Oh, so you're saying his range is greater than mine then.... no wonder I'm not an actor.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Perhaps the faces are his acting, and he really does smile....

Then again, maybe he's just annoyed at going straight to video these days.

Still on more film than I'll ever be!

Latest Discussions