Stephen Thompson

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow just saw his fight from last night vs Rory McDonald and he absolutely gets the next title shot. He's an amazing fighter with great kickboxing/karate skills. He dominated 2 people lawler struggled against I reckon he could beat him.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He's one heck of a fighter, that's for sure. Fun to watch.

Skullpunch

Green Belt
Reaction score
Between the fights with Rory and Big Rig he looks unstoppable.

But Lawler vs. Woodley is happening first and imo Woodley vs. Thompson is the more interesting fight.

MMAexamined

White Belt
Reaction score
He will probably get the next title chance... he has no one other to beat, Rory was #1 positioned.

Wild thing with Thompson is that he was 57-0 in kickboxing, and 12-1 (i think) in MMA... he lost the very first fight when transitioning to MMA

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He will probably get the next title chance... he has no one other to beat, Rory was #1 positioned.

Wild thing with Thompson is that he was 57-0 in kickboxing, and 12-1 (i think) in MMA... he lost the very first fight when transitioning to MMA
His loss was to matt brown his second ufc fight but matt brown only won because of his wrestling in the standup thompson was destroying him apart from an elbow that dropped him. Thompson would beat him easily if they thought again. Since hendricks couldn't take him down and McDonald couldn't do it I doubt matt brown will be able to anymore

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I judged several kickboxing fights Thompson had back when he a was teenaged amateur at the IKF Nationals in 2002. I remember what an incredible fighter he was then & was a polite & respectful kid he was. His father Ray was also an amazing guy. I'm so happy to see him do so well in the UFC.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I judged several kickboxing fights Thompson had back when he a was teenaged amateur at the IKF Nationals in 2002. I remember what an incredible fighter he was then & was a polite & respectful kid he was. His father Ray was also an amazing guy. I'm so happy to see him do so well in the UFC.
To me he's a genuine fighter he's got his title shot by fighting not by being a mouth piece or winning a reality show, his fans like him for his skills not his trash talk. These days there's not many like that around the only other example I can really think of is demetrius Johnson

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Between the fights with Rory and Big Rig he looks unstoppable.

But Lawler vs. Woodley is happening first and imo Woodley vs. Thompson is the more interesting fight.
Well you'll be getting your wish :) thompson all day if Hendricks and Rory can't put him down Woodley can't and he obviously really does not want to fight him