Stay away from the Holiday Inn Express or any affiliate!!

Raiderbeast

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]For Spring Break we packed up the family and drove to South Carolina. When we headed back home, we decided to spend the night seeing it was already 1:30am and we were tired of driving. We were in North Brunswick, NJ and came upon the Holiday Inn Express on Route 1 North.

We checked in and after settling the kids down and watching a little tv, Six hours later, My wife woke up and staring her right in the eyes on her pillow was a BED BUG!!!! She threw her pillow and ran to me to tell me ... I captured and killed the bug and took it to the front desk. She informed us that she wouldn't charge our account until she talked to her Manager and then would let us know what we needed to do.

Fast forward to Thursday (5 days later). We never heard from anyone at the hotel. The hotel then charged us 50% off and didn't have the courtesy to contact us. My right arm is covered in bites and I fumigated my bedroom just in case I brought some home. I called the hotel and after arguing with them they refunded me the money.

They did not care that they had bed bugs and lied to us about trying to contact us. They have not done anything to treat the room or the hotel and continue to put customers in the room we used. Beware of this franchise and warn everyone!!
[/FONT]

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's not just HEE. According to the CDC and USDA bedbugs have been making a comeback all over North America. The reasons are still a bit of a mystery.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My last apartment got them. My roommate took a trip home to India and those buggers seemed to hitch a ride back in his suitcase.

We couldn't make 'em pay rent, so we killed 'em. :lol2:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My last apartment got them. My roommate took a trip home to India and those buggers seemed to hitch a ride back in his suitcase.

We couldn't make 'em pay rent, so we killed 'em. :lol2:

:lfao:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gross. I've been hearing about the return of bedbugs too. It gives me the heebie jeebies. *shudder*

As far as the way the HEE handled it, very poor business IMO. Have you contacted headquarters?

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great. I am going on a vacation in a few weeks. Now I will be looking all around for those nasty critters!
I am not going to tell my wife because she has a major phobia of bugs!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
UFC 72 - Bedbug v. Dustmite

Ugliest Feeder Championship

Bedbug:
"Attracted by warmth and the presence of carbon dioxide, the bug pierces the skin of its host with two hollow tubes. With one tube it injects its saliva, which contains anticoagulants and anesthetics, while with the other it withdraws the blood of its host. After feeding for about five minutes, the bug returns to its hiding place. The bites cannot usually be felt until some minutes or hours later, as a dermatological reaction to the injected agents."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedbug

Dust Mite
"Dust mites consume minute particles of organic matter. Some species of mites prefer to eat skin cells, a large component of household dust; others prefer flour dust. Dust mites have a rudimentary alimentary system (no stomach) and require most digestion to occur outside their body. For this reason they secrete enzymes and deposit the fungus Aspergillus repens on dust particles, to enable the fungus to pre-digest the organic matter with its enzymes. Dust mites eat the same particle several times, only partially digesting it each time. Between feedings dust mites leave particles to decompose further. Ultimately a fully digested particle, which a dust mite will not eat, is deemed by scientists to constitute fecal matter."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_dust_mite

Goodnight, sleeptight, don't let the bedbugs bite!

Latest Discussions