Splits help

rabbit

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can almost the straddle/side splits. I have made improvements and would like to get the last few inches. I have already used PNF stretching to get a maxium stretch. What else can I do to increase the depth of the stretch? Could somone give some tips to get the last few inches. Thank You

OP
R

rabbit

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Someone please help. I am almost there. I really want to be able to the splits

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please remember that many posters work during the day - it's only been an hour between your first post and your second.

This topic comes up quite frequently. I would suggest you use the "search" function in the blue bar (3rd from the right) and put in the terms "stretch" and "splits" and see what you can find.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can almost the straddle/side splits. I have made improvements and would like to get the last few inches. I have already used PNF stretching to get a maxium stretch. What else can I do to increase the depth of the stretch? Could somone give some tips to get the last few inches. Thank You

Like anything in life and especially the martial arts, there are no secrets or shortcuts. Practice and hardwork is what gets you to your goal. As far as your question goes, keep in mind that you don't want to overstretch or push yourself too far, otherwise you could end up with an injury. I suggest that you keep stretching. Make sure that you're warmed up, as you will probably get a better stretch. Work on it for a little while each day. Over time, you'll meet your goal.

Mike

Latest Discussions