Some questions

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
In Hatsumi-soke's publications and articles, he occassionally mentions concepts such as 'universal justice' or 'natural justice'. What is your personal take on this?? What do you think these ideas represent??

Also, notions such as the 'laws of nature' or 'universal laws' are mentioned as well. What is your take on this?? What do you think these 'laws' are supposed to entail??

Laterz.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just by going on the context of your post, it sounds a lot like Taoism to me. The answers may be found in philosophical works. Isn't there a relationship between Mikkyo and the Tokagure Ryu?

Cthulhu

K

Karasu Tengu

I would have to ask my father-in-law (Phd in Zen Philosophy) but I believe Mikkyo comes from Tantric Buddhism vice Taoism. I did a web search on Tantric Bud one time. Pretty far out stuff and alot of sexual references.:D

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Esoteric is a better word.... ;)

The term 'tantric' unfortunately has been swallowed up by the free-loving tree-hugging hippies :D

P

pknox

Originally posted by Cthulhu
Just by going on the context of your post, it sounds a lot like Taoism to me. The answers may be found in philosophical works. Isn't there a relationship between Mikkyo and the Tokagure Ryu?

It is my understanding that some of the hand positions (mudras) practiced in Ninpo come from the Mikkyo tradition.

Latest Discussions