So I’m having lunch….

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Talking with the waiter and I find out he was a student of Ip Chun who also taught in Hong Kong, is new to the area, and not sure if he is going to teach here.

Wasn’t there a movie like this :D

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stay on him and plead your case....you've done some WC in the past and you train other CMA so you're not a beginner.
This would be a great opportunity for you to learn privately and by giving you a running start, when he does start teaching, he would have someone to help out a bit.

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Can't just pass on a "coincidence" like that! The universe wants to convert you to a wing chun guy.. and I say let it! :p

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I already have a Taijiquan sifu from Tung Ying Chieh and this month the universe has also thrown me a Baguazhang/Xingyiquan sifu too… and now this… my brain hurts

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I already have a Taijiquan sifu from Tung Ying Chieh and this month the universe has also thrown me a Baguazhang/Xingyiquan sifu too… and now this… my brain hurts

I need to start hanging out with you

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I need to start hanging out with you

Did I mention the group of senior students of Fak Tak Ling (student of Leung Sheung) that I train with from time to time :EG:

It is strange, I have been looking for years and found nothing and now I get hammered with all this in the last 3 months, well not the Taiji sifu, I have been training with him for years.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now if you only had some proper southern longfist in there, your circle would be complete!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Talking with the waiter and I find out he was a student of Ip Chun who also taught in Hong Kong, is new to the area, and not sure if he is going to teach here.

Wasn’t there a movie like this :D

Never leave his sight. Dog his steps constantly. Quit your job and start working where he works.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Now I will be going back to lunch there this month, I tend to go there at least once a month.... I hate temptation...this is a test...I KNOW it is.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now I will be going back to lunch there this month, I tend to go there at least once a month.... I hate temptation...this is a test...I KNOW it is.

When you go there for lunch, non chalantly stand on the table and practice your Siu Nim Tao form while you wait for your food..
He will be so impressesd with your dedication that he will accept you as his student.....or the manager will throw you out, which is a very real possibility.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
When you go there for lunch, non chalantly stand on the table and practice your Siu Nim Tao form while you wait for your food..
He will be so impressesd with your dedication that he will accept you as his student.....or the manager will throw you out, which is a very real possibility.

:idea: BRILLIANT!!!!

:hmm:

Hey wait a minute…..:ticked:

:uhyeah:

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds great opportunity.
It would be nice to take someone a gift, ask politely and leave.

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Did you tell him you've also practiced a bit of Wing Chun? Make it informal... tell him you've had trouble finding folk to workout with and see if he's willing to workout with you? Most people new to an area WANT a partner so they can continue to sharpen their skills.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Did you tell him you've also practiced a bit of Wing Chun? Make it informal... tell him you've had trouble finding folk to workout with and see if he's willing to workout with you? Most people new to an area WANT a partner so they can continue to sharpen their skills.

We talked a bit, he knows I did siu lim tao and a bit of Chi Sau as well as Taijiquan. I go to this place at least once a month so maybe next time I go I will talk to him a bit more. He was not sure if he was going to teach here or not.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
no worries, I'm not training Wing Chun these days anyway.

However if I ever decide to there is a guy I did train with briefly that impressed the hell out of me with his knowledge of Wing Chun, his very relaxed approach, and his overall good attitude.

But at the moment it is only Yang style taijiquan

Latest Discussions