Sleeping while armed?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How many of you knife enthusiasts have a knife on you clipped to your jammies or on any other part of you when you are sleeping at night, just in case? I know we have discussed having a firearm nearby but what about a knife?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Um, no.

And incidentally, I don't really need to know what "other part of you" your knives are clipped to. :D

Lamont

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Um, no.

And incidentally, I don't really need to know what "other part of you" your knives are clipped to. :D

Lamont

That goes for me too!

To answer you question, no, I don't keep one on me when I sleep.

lmao :lfao:

Okay, let me explain! :D

I have a family member who I recently found out sleeps with a knife velcroed to his leg at night and I wondered if anyone else was protected at night as well. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a family member who I recently found out sleeps with a knife velcroed to his leg at night and I wondered if anyone else was protected at night as well

What is the B & E(Breaking and Entry) rate in the city where he lives? Sounds like a touch of paranoia..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I have a routine that I practice regularly. Takes only a couple of seconds time even in the middle of the night to access any of my tools. They are all locked up but I practice enough that it is instinctive (go figure) and I just follow this process. As for anything happening in those few seconds, well I used to be in the Police/Security field and have set up multimillion dollar alarm systems on a few occasions. So my house is pretty well wired. I think I can spare two or three seconds for the obvious safety factor.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and I have kids so everything has to be locked and under control at all times. :angel: They are my little angels after all!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh and I have kids so everything has to be locked and under control at all times. :angel: They are my little angels after all!

It's easier for me as I have no children..The Mossburg or Sig are aways at hand and ready to rumble...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's easier for me as I have no children..The Mossburg or Sig are aways at hand and ready to rumble...

That does make a differance. However, with constant training I can access my tools in total darkness and half asleep in two to three seconds. I have also hardwired my house and battery alarmed it so that I will have
those two to three seconds. No one moves anywhere in the house at night without my knowing it. (drives my wife crazy)

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What is the B & E(Breaking and Entry) rate in the city where he lives? Sounds like a touch of paranoia..

Heh, that is funny and probably somewhat true! :D

Not sure of the B&E stats of where he lives, I know he has lived in some pretty wild neighbourhoods at times.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That does make a differance. However, with constant training I can access my tools in total darkness and half asleep in two to three seconds

Excellent..An often overlooked way to train...

Brian R.AnCise said:
No one moves anywhere in the house at night without my knowing it. (drives my wife crazy)

I gotta tell the wife I am not the only one who is like that,,

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
lmao :lfao:

Okay, let me explain! :D

I have a family member who I recently found out sleeps with a knife velcroed to his leg at night and I wondered if anyone else was protected at night as well. :)
Oh, so now you want to know whether we use protection? Isn't that just a little "personal?" Geez Lisa...:lfao:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Y'know, when I first read the title of this one, I was thinking you meant, did anyone sleep while they had a weapon - not did anyone sleep with a weapon near to hand... :confused: :lfao:

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, so now you want to know whether we use protection? Isn't that just a little "personal?" Geez Lisa...:lfao:

I can't win...:shrug:

What ever "other methods" you are using to "arm" yourself is completely your business...please, keep it in the nightstand where it belongs and not out in the open. The rest of us don't really need to know! :lfao:

Latest Discussions