Sifu Tu and Sifu Leroy and company visit.

W

WLMantisKid

I'm not articulate, but I'll try my best.

Today Sifu Tu along with Tom, Andy, Justin, Brad came up from Orlando, while Sifu Leroy with Miriam and others (sorry I forgot your names), also came to do a demonstration for publicity for our school. Free food and drinks were provided and lots of people came out to visit.

Let me just say it was an honor to meet each and every one of those martial artists in the flesh. I showed up at 8 in the morning to see them as they came I was so excited, I felt so giddy and inadequate (practicing 16 hands vs. their 2 man stick and aerial kicks) but they were nice nonetheless. Then the rest of them showed up, Sifu Tu and company, Sifu Leroy and company and it was an amazing show from watching them warmup to our demonstration of everything from Dropping Horse to Sifu Tu gracing us with his straight sword demonstration. Amazing. Some of the more remarkable demonstrations included the 2 man stick demonstration done with attitude and it was beautiful. Miriam doing the flute form, Leroy with the three section staff, Tom with the double broadsword... oh to heck with it each and every form was beautiful. I felt especially proud when my Sifu did his Kwan Do form.

Afterwards we ate and hung out a little. I talked to a few people... made sure I introduced myself to Sifu Tu... too hard to pass that up. Very nice man. We gathered everyone inside and Sifu Leroy gave us a short Chin-Na seminar with things to do with a handshake, and things to do when people grab your throat or shoulder. Props to Miriam for being a good subject for Sifu Leroy. I made sure I got the most out of that by making sure I was doing things right. Later we talked some more, and Sifu Leroy taught me personally the basics of plucking and using weight to an advantage.

Picture taking time came up and I must say, Sifu Tu is one fun-loving guy. He donned some yellow goggles and a sun hat and did a mantis pose for some pictures. The man is definitely someone to get to know.

But alas, time came to leave and I had to say my good byes and fulfill my other obligations. I spoke to my Sifu and told him we should do it every year. And I look forward to it.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you had such a good time!! Its always awesome meeting kung fu people.

7sm

OP
W

WLMantisKid

Me too!

Sifu Sam said he was gonna try to hold it every year.

The offer will still stand then as well. Besides, by then I think we could learn something off of eachother :)

Latest Discussions