Sick and Wrong.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, ok, some of you may know, that I am a bit of a Pirate Fan... I know weird pirate facts, I can identify many historical flags, and I know a lot of useless pirate information.

I also have a small collection of Pirate Chantys, both real and fictional.

So it SADDENS me to say, Johnny Depp, Sting and Bono, are releasing a Cd of them Singing Pirate songs.

Come on... Johnny... what are you gonna do? Stagger and Mumble like Jack Sparrow?

This is SO wrong... So... WRONG.

The CD comes out august 22nd. God help us all.

ARRRRRR!

(yes, real pirates say ARRRRR! ARRRRGH!!! Is what the Penuts used to say when they were frustrated. Get it right)

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, do your part. Release your own album of yourself doing pirate songs, and do a way better job than them. You could call your band P. Irate. :)

I couldn't tell you if Johnny Depp can sing or not, but I hate Sting. The guy doesn't bath, though I suppose that might qualify him as knowing something about the life of a pirate....

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
So, do your part. Release your own album of yourself doing pirate songs,

Dude... dont think I havn't considered it.

Its cool that they are doing this, mind you... I just wish they had picked some people more appropriate to the Genre than a Mediocre actor and some washed up pop stars.

If this Album Featured the Corsairs, Great Big Sea, The Irish Rovers... Id be all over it.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will you let us know when you plan on releasing your album, technopunk? It should be interesting.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Its cool that they are doing this, mind you... I just wish they had picked some people more appropriate to the Genre than a Mediocre actor and some washed up pop stars.

If this Album Featured the Corsairs, Great Big Sea, The Irish Rovers... Id be all over it.

Rob Zombie comes to mind!

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I think I'd like to see Wylde Nept sing it, but I have to agree that Depp, Bono, and Sting are insane choices... :idunno:

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Given the artists involved, it's going to be sad, sad, sad.
I bet black metal bands could do some cool pirate songs...

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Well, General Taylor gained the day!
Walk him along! John, carry him along!

I LOVE those guys. My youngest daughter and I sing that song in harmony, we've been singing it so long.

Latest Discussions