shot placement vs speed

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We have range day Friday. No beach but we have a fish fry afterwards.

Ooooh, fish frys are always good!

We went the poached route....cube up some fresh Ahi...

Tuna1.jpg

Poach for three minutes, rinse under cold water, add mayo, finely chopped onion and celery and make sanggies...

Tuna3.jpg

Sorry for the derail, but talk of shooting always makes me hungry. :)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Movement when shooting, adrenalized shooting, shooting from cover all of these should be part of your regular firearms training. If you are only going to the range and shooting at a stationary target from a stand still position then your training is probably not enough.

If anyone is in Vegas I can take you to a private range during the week and perform all of the above!

PS
Unfortunately I do not have the ocean like Buka above for afterwards but we can certainly have drinks and swim in the pool! ;)

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know of anyplace around here that does. There may be something, but I've not found it.

One of the main places where I take shooting classes people come from all over the country, and if you ask me its worth it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I use the same stance I box from. Seems to work.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You revive this topic every couple of years or something? :)

Accuracy vs Speed

My answer remains the same:

If you can place 3 rounds touching in 30 seconds... You need to speed up. If you hit a limb with one out of 3 shoots in 1 second...you need to slow down.

I know I know...we all heard the old saw that "smooth is fast". Yes.

However that doesn't mean what most people think it means. I can be smooth AND SLOW. You need to shoot as fast as you " smoothly " can.

Professional shooters use shot timers for a reason. You need to balance speed and accuracy with a smooth presentation/gun handling.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They teach a modified Weaver stance although you're not required to use it.

Generally, I dislike fixedness in both long swords and hands. Fixedness means a dead hand. Pliability is a living hand. You must bear this in mind. -Musashi

Latest Discussions