SHEEESH!!!! I can't TAKE it anymore

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have been down since June 11, 2021 due to knee replacement surgery. Can't do taijiquan, can't do Xingyquan, can't even do 8 pieces of brocade or silk reeling. All I have been doing is knee exercises and some dumbbell work ,but the rest of the time I just sit here....

But wait, even though I can't do the Ip Man Wing Chun stance, I can work on Siu Nim Tao.

So I started working on Siu Nim Tao again today. I also have been able to do some very basic Yiquan exercises.

So I feel a little better now

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have been down since June 11, 2021 due to knee replacement surgery. Can't do taijiquan, can't do Xingyquan, can't even do 8 pieces of brocade or silk reeling. All I have been doing is knee exercises and some dumbbell work ,but the rest of the time I just sit here....

But wait, even though I can't do the Ip Man Wing Chun stance, I can work on Siu Nim Tao.

So I started working on Siu Nim Tao again today. I also have been able to do some very basic Yiquan exercises.

Sorry to hear, hope you recover fast

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Keep at it. Better days ahead, Osu.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have seen your early posts on Xing Yi Quan. They encouraged me to sign in to this forum. Your experience was really useful for many, including me. It is very sad you can not train now, but I hope you will be OK soon.

Thank you, your post reminded me of something. One of my Xingyiquan teachers use to have us stand with our feet a bit wider than shoulder width apart and train all 5 element fists in the air and on a heavy bag. I think I can do that too, not sure about the heavy bag, but I can work on the fists. Thanks

Bobbycat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think you could try to train the fists without leg movements, using Che Xing Yi style. They use sharp body rotation for Fa Jin emission. It is fast and powerful.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think you could try to train the fists without leg movements, using Che Xing Yi style. They use sharp body rotation for Fa Jin emission. It fast and powerful.

You have fajin and sharp body rotation in in Hebei and Shang as well. There are also horizontal and vertical circles for power. But I think all I can handle at the moment would be drills of the 5 fists

Bobbycat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Five fists are great to keep fighting skill. I am 71 but train them everyday at least 3 times per day. I believe you will be good for other forms soon.