Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey everybody :) this is great I just stepped out for some foil ;) and come back to all this here good stuff.. wow

hey but it is all true nobody says why they like these lyrics.. are they just cool or what or.. tell me! tell me! tell me! I dunno.. I listen to a lyric and if I am in a particular mood then there is a lyric just right for it.. I am not sure if maybe you guys think of your lyrics as like poetry or something?? pffft.. For me if a lyric does not speak to me bout ME then it might be big and clever but it is nothing to me.. anyways.. I am talking to myself again! ha! ahh.. I am in a big hissy huff since nobody is talking to me or even telling me why these lyrics are any better than Tangerine Trees and Marmalade Skies! (still your friend tho :))

for Techno
Ok mister Technopunk my friend.. I am sorry you are still riding the loop around and round on that same train and since I am not able to derail you then I will help you shovel coals into the boiler.. i doubt you would be familiar with this but take it for what it is worth

The Cure.. Strange Day

give me your eyes
that I might see the blind man kissing my hands
the sun is humming
my head turns to dust as he plays on his knees

and the sand
and the sea grows
I close my eyes
move slowly through drowning waves
going away on a strange day

and I laugh as I drift in the wind
blind
dancing on a beach of stone
cherish the faces as they wait for the end..
a sudden hush across the water
and we’re here again...

and the sand
and the sea grows
i close my eyes
move slowly through drowning waves
going away
on a strange day

my head falls backs
and the walls crash down
and the sky
and the impossible
explode
held for one moment I remember a song
an impression of sound
then everything is gone..
forever

a strange day...

~~~

For Shesulsa
Wow! You would have NO idea how much I am in love with this song (though I only know it as done by the phenomenal Jeff Buckley..) when I hear it I am just beside myself I could not even explain.. oh well.. shut up Jenna.. nobody even cares bout WTH you think. .. Anyways I got something for you I think you would know.. just for you.. Iggy Pop.. Lust For Life which I am being presumptuous and but I think is a good fit for you.. I hope I am correct and I hope you like.. :)

Iggy Pop.. Lust for Life

Here comes Johnny Yen again
With the liquor and drugs.. and the flesh machine
Hes gonna do another strip tease
Hey man whered ya get that lotion?
Ive been hurting since I bought the gimmick bout something called love
Yeah something called love
Well thats like hypnotizing chickens

Well Im just a modern guy
Of course Ive had it in the ear before
I have a lust for life
Cos of a lust for life

Im worth a million in prizes
With my torture film .. drive a GTO
Wear a uniform all on a government loan
Im worth a million in prizes
Yeah Im through with sleeping on the sidewalk
No more beating my brains.. no more beating my brains
With liquor and drugs.. with liquor and drugs

Well, I'm just a modern guy
Of course, I've had it in my ear before
Well, I've a lust for life
Cos of a lust for life
I got a lust for life
Got a lust for life
Oh a lust for life
Oh a lust for life
A lust for life
I got a lust for life
Got a lust for life

Of course Ive had it in the ear before
I have a lust for life
Cos of a lust for life

Here comes Johnny Yen again
With the liquor and drugs
And the flesh machine I know hes gonna do another strip tease
Hey man, where'd ya get that lotion?
Your skin starts itching once you buy the gimmick bout something called love
Love love love
Well that's like hypnotizing chickens

Of course, I've had it in the ear before
And Ive a lust for life
Cos Ive a lust for life
Got a lust for life yeah
a lust for life
I got a lust for life
A lust for life
Got a lust for life
Yeah a lust for life
I got a lust for life
Lust for life
Lust for life
Lust for life
Lust for life
Lust for life

~~~

For Bob
oooh Bob you had all these neatly prepared :) one after the other bang bang bang! Hey Bob do you is all this stuff on yer regular playlist?? Running Wild.. ManOWar I mean? These are a coupla choices I think for any self respectin hard rockin dude!!

Well I dunno bout that.. all that is very serious badboy NOIZE to be played at unhealthily LOUD volumes.. ha!.. well I gotta lighten you up a little from all that axe wielding deviancy.. now.. for a little sanity we cant go far wrong with um.. the Ramones.. ha! ;) And well.. as some sort of ode to Jeffry Hyman (Joey) well here is I Wanna Be Sedated.. hmmm yeah know the feeling boys.. actually I read I think this was bout them on tour in London for Christmas with “nothing to do nowhere to go”.. anyways I dunno if that is true.. I mean.. going insane in London.. pffft.. Who ever heard of that?? Ha! The lyrics are silly and but who cares anyway when the track is just this cool.. I adore the Ramones.. just the best..

Ramones.. I Wanna Be Sedated

Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do, no where to go,
I wanna be sedated

Just get me to the airport, put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry, before I go insane
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain
Oh no oh oh oh oh

Just put me in a wheelchair, get me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry, before I go insane
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain
Oh no oh oh oh oh

Just put me in a wheelchair, get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry, before I go loco
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my toes
Oh no oh oh oh oh

Just put me in a wheelchair, get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry, before I go loco
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my toes
Oh no oh oh oh oh

Ba-ba-baba, baba-ba-baba, I wanna be sedated

~~~

For Flying Crane
Oooh Michael.. you are bang on the money with these guys .. well done! and I do not know if I have given this already but I gotta point you to Transatlanticism (the album) if you get the inclination.. and in particular the track of the same name.. I am sure I have listed this already somewhere.. if you get a chance to listen to it with the music you will understand what I mean.. :)

And but guess what.. ha! I aint gonna give you that lyric.. its on the thread somewheres.. but I got something even better.. this here is for me one of the most inspirational and uplifting songs I have EVER heard in my life.. I really do mean like ever.. and PLEASE go get this album from the wonderful and gorgeous boys from Embrace and the album is This New Day and but this track I get goosebumps at every single listen.. EVERY listen.. it never means any less to me no matter how many times I hear it it never dulls.. a truly unbelievable piece of music.. I could cry at hearing this song it is so beautiful.. I promise TWO listens and you will not be the same person as before you heard it! I guarantee that!! hey look at me here.. I am trying my best for ya.. I will educate the world if it kills me :)

Embrace.. Natures Law

I tried to fight the feeling.. the feeling took me down
I struggled and I lost the day you knocked me out
Now everythings got meaning and meanings bring me down
Im watching as a screening of my life plays out

Every day I fight these feelings
For your sake I will hide the real thing
You can run all your life.. all mine I will chase

You should never fight your feelings
When your very bones believe them
You have to follow natures law

Ill live with never knowing.. if knowings gonna change
Ill stop the feeling growing I will stay away
Like a broken record stuck before a song
A million beginnings.. none of them the one

Every day I fight these feelings
For your sake I will hide the real thing
You can run all your life.. all mine I will chase

I wrote her letters and tried to send them
In a bottle I placed my hope..
An SOS full of good intentions sinking
Will you give it to me .. dont make me wait
You build me up knocked me down
But I will stand my ground
And guide this light that Ive found

If you let them show youll keep them
I know youre hurt but soon youll rise again.. again.. again..

~~~

For Kreth
Oooh did I hear the name Wolfmother? Yummy.. ahh NOW you are right up to date mister Kreth.. ha! there is me thinking you were only one for the old skool classics.. Wolfmother.. woohoo.. see the Aussies can rock it rightly too.. not as well as the Brits though, ha! Wolfmother remind me of Zepp, only not so arty clever maybe.. oooh if you had this on your playlists see I would be interested but maybe you just mentioned in passing because of the unorthodox name? Hey if you are ever feeling adventurous.. check out Archie Bronson Outfit.. maybe a little leftfield for you my friend but they are well worth the handful of listens it takes to really fully appreciate.. its brilliant and might be a little inspiration for your songwriting.. not your thing maybe but hey.. FREE YOUR MIND!!!! go on.. I got the key for ya right here!! ha!

anyways.. you did not give me a lyric so I have to inform you therefore you have failed to meet the stringent entry requirements to this thread, LOL :D go on.. gimme a lyric.. gimme gimme gimme.. then you can come in have free peanuts like it says up at the top somewhere.. I am still waiting for my free peanuts .. so i can flick em at all the MT teachers pets sitting down the front, ha! :D Hey I bet you were a teachers pet mister Kreth when you were a kid with your little Angus Young shorts and prep school cap, ha! ;)

Ahh I am just playin wid ya.. come on back slag me off Ydontcha, LOL :D uh-oh.. here they come with the ECT machine.. you aint seen me..

la dee da
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna from the block

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Oooh did I hear the name Wolfmother?
Decent band, stupid name. Now since I must supply lyrics, here's another one we'll be trying out soon: Buckcherry's Crazy *****. The rhythm reminds me of Aerosmith's classic Sweet Emotion and well, I don't think there's any hidden meanings in the lyrics: :lol:

All right!

Break me down, you got a lovely face
We're going to your place
And now you got to freak me out
Scream so loud, getting ****in' laid
You want me to stay, but I got to make my way

Hey
You're a crazy *****
But you **** so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Hey
You're a crazy *****

Take it ALL, the paper is your game
You jump in bed with fame
Another one night paid in full, uh
You're so fine, it won't be a loss
Cashing in the rocks, just to get you face to face

Hey
You're a crazy *****

Hey
You're a crazy *****

Get the video
**** you so good
Get the video
**** you so good

Crazy *****
Crazy *****
Crazy...*****

Hey
You're a crazy *****

Hey
You're a crazy *****
Scratches all down my back, come on

Baby girl
You want it all
To be a star
You'll have to go down
Take it off
No need to talk
You're crazy
But I like the way you **** (with) me

Hey
You're a crazy *****

Hey
You're a crazy *****
You keep me right on

You're crazy
But I like the way you **** me

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Decent band, stupid name. Now since I must supply lyrics, here's another one we'll be trying out soon: Buckcherry's Crazy *****. The rhythm reminds me of Aerosmith's classic Sweet Emotion and well, I don't think there's any hidden meanings in the lyrics: :lol:
My my my mister Kreth what sort of rowdy establishments must you and your musical quartet be frequenting if this is on your songsheet?? LOL.. bawdy houses and licentious and louche speakeasys, ha! nope dont look like naughty ol Buckcherry were much in the mood that day for cogitating the meaning of existence.. LOL.. ok well I would not pretend to know what was behind all those asterisks and whatnot so in the name of research I went and checked out their vid on the site and omg I had to wash out my eyes with astringent soap and then dry them off with 60 grit sandpaper ewww.. ha!

OK well I got nothing to follow that which might be on such an um.. obvious level, ha! But here is something I just KNOW you will appreciate.. ;) :D Now heres a fella who knows how to treat a girl right ;) though I guess "girl" is a loose definition in this case, ha! I like the ending of this verse.. how prophetic ;) no I didnt make it up :)

George Michael.. Fastlove

I won't bore you with the detail baby.. You gotta get there in your own sweet time
Let's just say that maybe you could help to ease my mind
Baby, I ain't Mr. Right
But if you're looking for fastlove.. If that's love in your eyes
It's more than enough.. Had some bad love
Some fastlove is all that I've got on my mind
..Get yourself arrested for love

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jenna said:
For Xue Sheng..
Hey mister Xue Sheng.. :) thank you for posting up here for me.. and I never got to ask you bout your Id and I know xue means to learn so I am thinking you are a little learner still? Yes I know you are a big fancy expert with a great deal of knowledge but you are saying you are still learning new things and that is an admirable quality for anyone to possess.. sorry I am off on one.. I would love to know if this lyric means anything to you personally.. yep it is bout the gorilla and the narrators swapping places and the ape takes the guys Beemer and his apartment.. ha! I have never heard this and I am having trouble acquiring it.. but that is a right laugh! and but what is that to you I wonder??? *strokes beard pensively* But here is one for you if you care for it.. I am only guessing at your musical palate but well we cannot go wrong with a little of the Byrds (well that is the version I am listening to I know there are others) and I wonder why they do not write thoughtful lyrics like these.. too lazy I guess.. nobody has such ideology in our times perhaps..

Correct Xue Sheng means student

As for the song, I have always liked the fact that a Gorilla not only took over his life but no one seemed to notice and seeing how things turned out for the Gorilla where was he actually better off. Who was the better for the change. Also "Gorilla, You're a Desperado" seemed more appropriate than "Things to do in Denver when you dead" at the time.

Song: Gorilla, You're a Desperado
Album: Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School
Artist: Warren Zevon

Jenna said:
I know you are a big fancy expert with a great deal of knowledge

aaaa thank you but no, I have way to much to learn.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Correct Xue Sheng means student

As for the song, I have always liked the fact that a Gorilla not only took over his life but no one seemed to notice and seeing how things turned out for the Gorilla where was he actually better off. Who was the better for the change.

Song: Gorilla, You're a Desperado
Album: Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School
Artist: Warren Zevon

aaaa thank you but no, I have way to much to learn.

I think you have me confused with someone else.
hey mister Xue Sheng :) thank you for following up! and yeah that is an interesting note on that lyric I did not pick that up in the reading.. clever stuff.. and oh I think you are being modest now with yourself .. you are the student with more knowledge than the teacher.. ahh a dangerous entity I think! and but I will not say any more.. maybe if I really AM confusing you with someone else then you would know who that expert person was (and where I might locate them?) ha! Seriously.. thank you again! Hey you must listen to other music too, no? Go on.. got more lyrics to feed me? :) that Warren Zevon was an interesting little education I am always glad of! Go on.. gimme gimme gimme :) ahh see I have prolly frightened you away.. come back come back! LOL

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jenna said:
hey mister Xue Sheng :) thank you for following up! and yeah that is an interesting note on that lyric I did not pick that up in the reading.. clever stuff.. and oh I think you are being modest now with yourself .. you are the student with more knowledge than the teacher.. ahh a dangerous entity I think! and but I will not say any more.. maybe if I really AM confusing you with someone else then you would know who that expert person was (and where I might locate them?) ha! Seriously.. thank you again! Hey you must listen to other music too, no? Go on.. got more lyrics to feed me? :) that Warren Zevon was an interesting little education I am always glad of! Go on.. gimme gimme gimme :) ahh see I have prolly frightened you away.. come back come back! LOL

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Nope, didn’t scare me away.

However my musical taste is a bit eclectic (Mozart to Motorhead) and I am certain I have lyrics in it somewhere that could scare most people away.

But lets go with “Wherever I May Roam”, and this ain’t one of the scary ones.

Wherever I May Roam

...and the road becomes my bride
I have stripped of all but pride
So in her I do confide
And she keeps me satisfied
Gives me all I need

...and with dust in throat I crave
Only knowledge will I save
To the game you stay a slave
Rover wanderer
Nomad vagabond
Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
Free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere
Anywhere I may roam
Where I lay my head is home

...and the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone
I ask no one

...and my ties are severed clean
The less I have the more I gain
Off the beaten path I reign
Rover wanderer
Nomad vagabond
Call me what you will

I'm free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll never mind anywhere
Anywhere I may roam

Free to speak my mind
And I'll take my find anywhere
Anywhere I may roam

Carved upon my stone
My body lie, but still I roam
Wherever I may roam

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Nope, didn’t scare me away.

However my musical taste is a bit eclectic (Mozart to Motorhead) and I am certain I have lyrics in it somewhere that could scare most people away.

But lets go with “Wherever I May Roam”, and this ain’t one of the scary ones.
yay you came back! and a super choon too.. ohh yes please.. Black album is never too far away from the top of my playlist either!! Mozart to Motorhead, eh? well I like a little eclecticism too.. absolutely! and since I cannot give you a lyric for Rondo Alla Turca I will give you not more Lemmy but a little Killing Joke.. I love these guys no matter what anybody says bout them.. I love this lyric I think it is supremely thoughtful and considered and well.. it means a great deal to me .. anyways.. I really hope you like.. :)

Killing Joke.. Youll Never Get to Me

Sea of hurt I feel the waves of pain
And now the tides come in again
Caught in a vicious cycle of despair
Give me the courage to face another day

Oh sing a song of joy! Sweet childhood! never desert me
Time for celebration oh! overcome with a sense of elation
I'll never let you get to me! SURVIVAL is my victory

I sighed in silence I was mourning
I said sorry a thousand times
I cried aloud to God for all my failings
But God seemed deaf as well as blind

We drank and smoked and talked until the dawn
We shared our problems and our food
Telling tales of courage and resolution
Through all the hardships wed endured

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
My musical tastes are quiet varied, as others here have noted. Personally, one genre of music that always somehow fits underneath everything is the ethereal/neo-classical/darkwave style. It really is too bad music labeled as "gothic" has had such negative connotations put on it like "emo". :idunno:

Anyways, one of my favorites is a duo that a friend turned me on to a number of years ago. The group is The Machine in the Garden, and the song is called "These Illusions"...

--

in the shadows of the night
illusions show
the reflection of a voice
of illusion

how to find
these illusions
keep them locked away
inside of illusions
in the shadows of the night
illusions show
the reflection of a voice
slips down walls

it glistens in the snow
and now and then
heavens collide and burst
in tattered stars

their eyes pass us by
left alone
regain calamity
peering downward

the doors spin around
the mazes in my mind
holding their fears close
strangely shy

taken to dream forever
by my side
they can't know anyway
all the time

my hands drive you
far out of site
can't leave it now
the oceans flow inside

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
My musical tastes are quiet varied, as others here have noted. Personally, one genre of music that always somehow fits underneath everything is the ethereal/neo-classical/darkwave style. It really is too bad music labeled as "gothic" has had such negative connotations put on it like "emo". :idunno:

Anyways, one of my favorites is a duo that a friend turned me on to a number of years ago. The group is The Machine in the Garden, and the song is called "These Illusions"...
Hey OUMoose :) you are another one with a mesmeric avatar! :) does that summarise you I wonder? with the exploding head of ideas or maybe stress, ha! the Machine in the Garden? Cool I have not heard this before.. ahh but you are correct to say goth is almost a derogatory term.. how did that happen?? and when I hear someone mention emo I gotta turn my ears away and which is a pity.. yeah there was a lot of pretense around "goth" but we all know what we are talking bout I think.. hey I do like the lyric thank you!! I must go see if I can procure the track.. got more lyrics for me??? OK well goth you say, eh? or sorry.. how did you say it.. "ethereal/neo-classical/darkwave style".. ha! yes I bet that is an icebreaker for you at all your parties, LOL.. ok well I dunno if there is much more goth than this from way back thru the mists of time, ha! This track is just SO amazingly creepy musically and a little risque I think lyrically but hey.. I can dig that ;) and I do not think there is anything else I have ever heard similar.. she was always such an um.. intriguing character.. I am sure this is familiar to you and hope you like :)

Siouxsie and the Banshees.. Peek-a-Boo

Creeping up the backstairs.. slinking into dark stalls
Shapeless and slumped in bathchairs.. furtive eyes peep out of holes
She has many guises.. shell do what you want her to
Playing dead and sweet submission.. cracks the whip deadpan on cue
Peek-a-boo Peek-a-boo Peek-a-boo Peek-a-boo

Reeking like a pigsty.. peeling back and gagging free
Flaccid ego in your hand.. chokes on dry tears can you understand?
Shes jeering at the shadows sneering behind a smile
Lunge and thrust to pout and pucker into the face of the beguiled
Peek-a-boo Peek-a-boo
Golly jeepers whered you get those peepers?
Peepshow creepshow where did you get those eyes?

Strobe lights pump and flicker.. dry lips crack out for more
Come bite on this rag doll baby.. thats right.. now hit the floor
Theyre sneaking out the back door.. she gets up from all fours
Rhinestone fools and silver dollars curdle into bitter tears

Peek-a-boo Peek-a-boo
Golly jeepers whered you get those weepers?
Peepshow creepshow where did you get those eyes?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, since Jenna's thread seems to have stalled, I'm going to post some lyrics I wrote for what will hopefully become my bands first original. No idea for a name yet, but we ran through it today during rehearsal and I think it will work:
Hit the stage, the music starts, the mayhem begins
The sound rips through your chest in a malevolent blend
A carnal urge compels you, inhibitions destroyed
No one can stop the madness, it's the kind we enjoy
Chorus:
Can you feel it, Shank is coming for you
The music takes you, puts you on the floor
Can you feel it, Shank is coming for you
With sweat and noise, until you scream for more

Moving to the thunder in a violent waltz
We like to see the action, nothing like it at all
Bodies flailing, slick with sweat, and fists held high
A siren song of motion that you just can't deny

(chorus, solo)

The musical assault continues on through the night
A wall of sound and fury with no end in sight
The atmosphere of anarchy, it drives us to play
We'll pound out the aggression 'til they lock us away

(chorus x2)

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alegria
I see a spark of life shining
Alegria
I hear a young minstrel sing
Alegria
Beautiful roaring scream
Of joy and sorrow,
So extreme
There is a love in me raging
Alegria
A joyous,
Magical feeling

From Cirque du Soliel. Just a beautiful song. This song always picks up my spirits and prompts a smile. I'll stick up some more of my favorites when I get the time :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just to mix things up a bit and in dedication to my wonderful friends in the Great White North ... from the creators of Ren and Stimpy comes ...

The Anthem of the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen.

Our country reeks of trees
Our yaks are really large
And they smell like rotting beef carcasses.
And we have to clean up after them
Our saddle sores are the best
We proudly wear women's clothing
And searing sand blows up our skirts.

And the buzzards they soar overhead
And poisonous snakes will devour us whole.
Our bones will bleach in the sun.
And we will probably go to ****
And that is our great reward
For being the-e Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen!!

*Repeat*

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For Kreth
Hey mister Kreth.. well how long til we see yous on Scuzz or Kerrang or even MTV2 Alternative, ha! Hey nice one!! OK well I wont share my own lyrics for fear of laying myself bare.. so instead.. heres what Im letting rip right now.. go on.. expand ya mind with me.. this is absolutely amazing.. I just gotta keep ramping this stuff up to increasingly unneighbourly levels.. oh well, ha! Broaden ya horizons and enjoy (or just sit there shut up and say nuthin, ha!) .. I dunno even if you know this?? If not.. you should by decree! Go on.. admit it.. all your metal is just a big front :D get some old skool hip hop in yer ears.. ;)

Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel.. White Lines (Dont Do It)

Bass!

(Oooh White.. White.. Oooh White.. White.. Oooh White.. White)

(Ooooh.. White Lines) Vision dreams of passion
(Blowin through my mind) and all the while I think of you
(High rise) a very strange reaction
(For us to unwind) the more I see the more I do
(Something like a phenomenon) Baby!
(Tellin your body to come along but white lines blow away.. Blow! Rock it! Blow!)

Ticket to ride white line highway.. tell all your friends they can go my way
Pay your toll.. sell your soul.. pound for pound costs more than gold
The longer you stay the more you pay.. my white lines go a long way
Either up your nose or through your vein with nothin to gain except killin your brain

(Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! .. Blow!)

(Ahhh) Higher baby
(Ahhh) Get higher baby
(Ahhh) Get higher baby
And dont ever come down! (Freebase!)

(Rang dang diggedy dang di-dang .. Rang dang diggedy dang di-dang .. Rang dang diggedy dang di-dang diggedy dang di-dang diggedy dang di-dang)

(Pipeline) pure as the driven snow
(Connected to my mind) and now Im havin fun baby!
(High rise) its getting kinda low
(Cause it makes you feel so nice) I need some one-on-one baby!
(Dont let it blow your mind away) Baby!
(And go into your little hideaway cos white lines blow away.. Blow! Rock it! Blow!)

A million magic crystals painted pure and white
A multi million dollars.. almost overnight
Twice as sweet as sugar.. twice as gritty as salt
And if you get hooked baby .. its nobody elses fault so dont do it!

(Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Aaah! Blow!)

(Ahhh) Higher baby
(Ahhh) Get higher baby
(Ahhh) Get higher baby
And dont ever come down! (Freebase!)

(Dont you get too high) dont you get too high baby!
(Turns you on) you really turn me on and on
(Cos you gonna come down) my temperature is risin
(When the thrill is gone) no I dont want you to go

A street kid gets arrested.. gonna do some time
He got out three years from now just to commit more crime
A businessman is caught .. with twenty four kilos
Hes out on bail and out of jail and thats the way it goes

(Cane! Sugar! Cane! Sugar! Cane!)

Athletes rejected.. governors corrected..
Gangsters thugs and smugglers are thoroughly respected
The money gets divided.. The women get excited..
Now Im broke and its no joke.. its hard as hell to fight it dont buy it!

(Freeze! Ha ha ha! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Aaah! Blow!)

(Ahhh) Get higher baby
(Ahhh) Get higher girl!
(Ahhh) Get higher baby!
Cmon!

(White Lines) Vision dreams of passion
(Blowin through my mind) and all the while I think of you
(High rise) a very strange reaction
(For us to unwind) the more I see the more I do
(Something like a phenomenon) Baby!
(Tellin your body to come along but white lines blow away.. Blow! Rock it! Blow!)

Little Jack Horner sitting on the corner.. with no shoes and clothes
This aint funny but he took his money and sniffed it up his nose!

(Hey man you wanna cop some blow?)
(Sure what you got dust flakes or rocks?)
(I got China White Mother of Pearl Ivory Flake What you need?)
(Well yeah well let me check it out man just let me get a freeze)
(Go ahead man .. stuff I got should kill ya!)
(Yeah man th-thats thats raw.. ugh)

(Freeze! Ha ha ha! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock! Freeze! Rock!)
~~~

For mrhnau :) hey there.. tell me if you ever stop by again.. what does your ID mean??? anyways.. Cirque de soleil sounds very arty and whatnot.. I can only guess at your tastes.. but fortunately I got a good stock of "uplifting" songs to satisfy my great need for them.. Heres one you might not have heard (or heard for a while) its a great thumpin electro I remember from back at the start of the 90s..

The Source Ft Candy Staton.. Youve Got the Love

Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air
I know I can count on you
Sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just dont care
But youve got the love I need to see me through

Sometimes it seems the going is just too rough
And things go wrong no matter what I do
Now and then I feel like life is just too much

When food is gone..
You are my daily meal
When friends are gone
I know my saviours love is real.. your love is real

Every once in a while I say Lord I cant go on
Every once in a while I get to feeling blue
Every once in a while it seems like I am all alone
But you got the love I need to see me through

Occasionally my thoughts are brave and friends are few
Occasionally I cry out: Lord what must I do!
Occasionally I call up: Master make me new!
Youve got the love I need to see me through

~~~

For Shesulsa..
Well Im all fer mixing up stuff so this is welcome :D my my.. how do I come back from The Anthem of the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen?? Hmmm.. well.. ya want something different?? Righto.. just fer you.. ahh lemme go get some hay to chew.. ha! Hope you know this..
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Dayseee Dooook

..from the Dukes of Hazzard theme choon!! :D

Just the good ol boys never meaning no harm
Beats all you never saw.. been in trouble with the law since the day they was born

Straightening the curves.. flattening the hills
Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will

Making their way the only way they know how
Thats just a little bit more than the law will allow

Just two good ol boys wouldnt change if they could
Fighting the system like a too-modern day Robin Hood

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No reason, I just heard it today and I have not heard this song in a long time.

The full catastrophe of life
John Cougar

I've ridden down Sunset
I drank expensive wine
I've been married 2 dozen times
Raised ten children on a workman's pay
And I'm glad to say I've enjoyed everyday
Of the full catastrophe of life

I've sat in courtrooms
had people call me names
I've been to London town
On a supersonic plane
I was lovin' your wife
While you were lovin mine

I've opened my belt to trouble everyday
Ain't looking for a fight
But you know I won't run away
From the full catastrophe of life

I've seen the goodness
I've known the baddest around
I was tattooed when it first came out
I shook the hand that showed Moses the way

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cuz I AM sex on wheels:

Sex on Wheels - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult

i'll turn you on
like a tiger baby
hard body
motor city
love life
i'll take you for a ride
down the mindway baby
be my little human sacrifice
do my kisses burn
do they take your breath
you've got a lesson to learn now
i'm the kiss of death
history is written by winners baby
so let's make a little
of our own tonight
if you're thinkin' my idea of fun
is a drag
then you've never been to paradise
do my kisses burn
do they take your breath
you've got a leson to learn now
i'm the kiss of death
sex on wheelz

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After a real bad shift I listen to "Bang on the drum all day" as a level that usually pull people over for...It helps...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jenna said:
For mrhnau :) hey there.. tell me if you ever stop by again.. what does your ID mean??? anyways.. Cirque de soleil sounds very arty and whatnot.. I can only guess at your tastes.. but fortunately I got a good stock of "uplifting" songs to satisfy my great need for them.. Heres one you might not have heard (or heard for a while) its a great thumpin electro I remember from back at the start of the 90s..

Thanks for the song Jenna :) I might drop in here once in a while...

Hnau is from a series of sci-fi books from CS Lewis. "The Space Trilogy". VERY entertaining if you like sci-fi at all :) Not too preachy, its a good read :)

Cirque de Soleil is kind of arty. I went to go see their Delirious production w/ my wife a few months ago and loved the sound. Alegria was their finishing tune. Its also a production in and of itself.

My musical taste are quite varied. I've enjoyed: Heavy Metal, worship, bluegrass, classical (I LOVE Les Mis, though strictly speaking not classical), punk, just about anything :) Only thing I don't like is most rap and most country. I guess its a bit odd I like bluegrass but not country :) A majority of stuff I listen to tends to be christian, though not strictly. Just depends :)

Lyrics are great, but they don't really convey the emotion of a song... This song, though extremely heavy, is one of my favorites and very moving to me. Group is called Ethereal Scourge. Close to what I'd call death metal.

Refuge

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]my life i lay it down
and bow before your throne
my life i give to you
by sacred blood i am your son
you're the fire that heats my veins
the power in my soul
by christ the serpent's bane
you are all the life i know
be warm my heart of stone
glowing by your hearth of grace
as my life is not my own
my darkened past you laid to waste
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and my life is not my own
my corpse you sank without a trace

so let it be
now and forever
sovereign king
so let it be
i'm yours almighty lord
send me where you may
i praise your mercy touch of love
breathe and i will fly

and i will worship you
when the moon it bleeds and the sun is black
and i will worship you
when the earth breaks and the sky it cracks
all glorify your name
[/FONT]

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
For Kreth
Hey mister Kreth.. well how long til we see yous on Scuzz or Kerrang or even MTV2 Alternative, ha! Hey nice one!!
Maybe mp3.com. We're still tweaking it, completely changed the intro around last night. Now it has a nice dead stop in the middle of the intro just to keep people guessing.
I can't remember if I posted this yet, this is another new one we're working on. The Red, by Chevelle:
They say freak,
When you're singled out,
The red, well it filters through.

So lay down, the threat is real,
When his sight goes red again.
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again.

This change, he won't contain,
Slip away, to clear your mind.
When asked, who made it show,
The truth, he gives in to most.

Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red....

They say freak...
When you're singled out.
The red, it filters through...

The first few times I heard this song, I thought it was Tool because of that one scream towards the end:
"Seeing reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed" :p

Toby

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does this count for originals too? If so... This is a song I wrote a while ago.

Opinions are welcome. :)

------------------
What Will Become?
------------------
It seems like this world is nothing like it used to be
And all the things I thought I knew have been taken away from me
Maybe this is why everyone is changing right before my eyes
And maybe it has something to do with me and how I feel inside

So many questions as to what makes us who we are today
Not enough answers to show from a world full of anguish and pain
So many confessions that we all have hidden away
What will become of those that remain?

What ever happened to the place that we once called home
It's all about the quest for power and by taking control
All it does is leave you with an empty and vacuous soul
Sucking the life out of you, turning your heart to stone

It seems like everyone is moving forward in everyway
While I'm making two steps back, much to my dismay
Looking back on the past, I wish that I did things differently
As I wonder how long this will last, is there anything left in me?

So many questions as to what makes us who we are today
Not enough answers to show from a world full of anguish and pain
So many confessions that we all have hidden away
What will become of those that remain?

Walls are closing in on me and there is no escape
These feelings that I have of confusion and delusion, I wish I could erase
And the harder I try to fight against this frustration that I hold inside
The more I feel like I'm walking a dead end road down the path of time

It seems like everyone else are the ones who make sense
And I'm just the one who watches from the picket fence
If only we could find the courage and strength to unify
Maybe then we would understand what we signify