Shaolin drama

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It only stands to reason that where large amounts of money accumulate, greed, is close at hand. Not just in this situation but life.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not a big shocker.

He's had a bullet proof "Abbotmobile" Mercedes since '01 at least.
He's had a girlfriend at least that long as well.
He's a political appointee to the abbot position.
He's a seated member of the Congress, provincial & national.

Ready for it... he's a ... businessman.

Nothing to see... move along.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah...Shaolin ain't what it use to be..... and next on the PRC hit parade of martial arts theme parks...Wudang and Chen Village

Last edited:

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
I have been telling people for years. Shaolin, Wu Dang, etc are not what they appear to be. The real monks are long gone. What you have are people that have been placed there to entice tourism.

Sad, but true.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I should probably say that as far as Chen Village is concerned it is still pretty much legitimate, however it too ain't exactly what it use to be because the PRC has taken an interest in it and it is building hotels nearby for the tourists. But there is still good training to be had there if you're serious. But then the 19th generation is still in control, I am not sure with that 20th generation has in mind.

Last edited:

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
Chen Village is the exception to the rule.

I am saving up to go visit my Shigong who has been living in China researching and documenting as much as he can about the style we train.

That is something to go travel to China for, not the tourist spots.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Chen Village is the exception to the rule.

I am saving up to go visit my Shigong who has been living in China researching and documenting as much as he can about the style we train.

That is something to go travel to China for, not the tourist spots.

Awesome, When I went to China I went to a few tourist spots because I wanted to see the Forbidden City, Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven but mostly I went with my wife to places foreigners don't go..... all I can say is...be prepared to be stared at... a lot :asian:

After a week I figured out why I was the center of attention.... being non-Chinese and blonde, I was the 300 pound gorilla in the room and if a 300 pound gorilla walks into your place you will stare

Latest Discussions