Shaolin Do does well in MMA challenge

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thats an interesting read....I'm a little confused on your point in posting it. Are you just showing that SD practitioners can fight? Please elaberate a bit.

I'll also say that bullshido is not my top choice for cold hard facts, but its an interesting read, I would love to see the video he promised.

7sm

OP
T

Tremble

Check the post date on that link.
It's Aeons ago. ;)

OP
I

InvisibleFist

7starmantis said:
Thats an interesting read....I'm a little confused on your point in posting it. Are you just showing that SD practitioners can fight?
Yeah, pretty much.

As I said, I don't really have a dog in the SD fight. I trained with them a couple of days, and I was impressed. I do feel that they get unfairly ragged on a lot on the net. (although they do have them selves to blame for posting lousy vids.)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
InvisibleFist said:
Yeah, pretty much.

As I said, I don't really have a dog in the SD fight. I trained with them a couple of days, and I was impressed. I do feel that they get unfairly ragged on a lot on the net. (although they do have them selves to blame for posting lousy vids.)
I dont think anyone on this board has denied the training regiment of SD, or the fact that SD players train hard, or have skill. What has been discussed is their claims to CMA or certain CMA systems and their obvious lack of adhearance to said principles.

Wouldn't this be better in the SD thread allready started?

7sm

OP
J

Jaymeister

7starmantis said:
I dont think anyone on this board has denied the training regiment of SD, or the fact that SD players train hard, or have skill. What has been discussed is their claims to CMA or certain CMA systems and their obvious lack of adhearance to said principles.

Wouldn't this be better in the SD thread allready started?

7sm

Exactly. I think most people would agree that even though Shaolin-Do's history is totally fabricated, it doesn't change the fact that they know how to fight.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like I have allways said, a system cannot be judged as far as its fighters. Its all up to the fighter and theri training habits. Because they do or do not study SD or Kenpo, or JKD, or whatever means nothing, its on a fighter by fighter scenario. SD has hard training students who can fight just like any system does.

7sm

OP
S

sifu Adams

How do you like this 7* I agree with you. I wasn't going to even post on this but I had to agree with 7* that you can't base any style or system off of a fight or even a group of fighters that goto a tournament. You don't know how hard everyone has traind.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But why fabricate something? Incidently, the pic of one of the masters with all of the hair, I have seen recently in a carnival book/site/vid....something or somewhere....ummm if I can just get my hand on it again.

Latest Discussions