Shanghai ShanXi Xingyi sparring master

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank you, it does look like a movie, and it may all be true.

But I have to tell you… I have never meant or read about a Chinese Martial arts master from China that was ever defeated. Well there was one who claimed to have been defeated and then he came up with his own style and was never defeated again :rolleyes:

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It seems Mr.ManMan has posted this elsewhere. Most as do I think it is a scripted Tuishou set. Nothing wrong with that however if you like to see a real Tuishou match:

Mr.ManMan post #10 on this thread. You can alo read others comments regarding the video.

He cam back to China in 1995, and became an actor and martial director in film industries.
http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8135

Is this a contradiction:

ManMan said here Post #8: http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8135
Mr Ni is well known in martial art circle for his practical application. He start his sparring when he was 18, 2 years after learning from his teacher. He visited all parks in Shanghai from age 18 to 23, he only lost 2 fight and draw 3 fights. Since 1978(correction from 1987), he never lost a fight.
ManMan said here on Martial talk:

Master Ni is well known for his practical sparring and never lost a fight in Shanghai since he was 18.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It seems Mr.ManMan has posted this elsewhere. Most as do I think it is a scripted Tuishou set. Nothing wrong with that however if you like to see a real Tuishou match:

Mr.ManMan post #10 on this thread. You can alo read others comments regarding the video.

http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8135

Is this a contradiction:

ManMan said here Post #8: http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8135

ManMan said here on Martial talk:

Cool, thanks

So he likes EF better that us :wah::uhyeah:

I see he has not been to RSF yet... probaly a good thing

OP
M

manman

White Belt
Reaction score
The Empty Flower message is direct translation from Master Ni blog, and not mean to miss leading you.
The point is most internal martial art masters claim they can fight, but when it comes to meet a external martial art guy with speed and strength then becomes "Ng Vs Chen" fight or beaten up by the guy.
Mr Ni fought with external martial guy and able to put internal energy into sparring. Shanghai are well known for Taiji (Yang, Chen, Wu, Hao, Sun), Bagua and Xingyi, Mr Ni is well known for not giving face to those masters and earned his reputation by challenge them in his youth time.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
The Empty Flower message is direct translation from Master Ni blog, and not mean to miss leading you.

ManMan the 2 statements contradict each other. Either he lost 2 fights when he was 18-23 or he didn't.
Shanghai from age 18 to 23, he only lost 2 fight and draw 3 fights.
and never lost a fight in Shanghai since he was 18.

The point is most internal martial art masters claim they can fight, but when it comes to meet a external martial art guy with speed and strength then becomes "Ng Vs Chen" fight or beaten up by the guy.
Actually I showed what a real Tuishou match would look like unlike the hollywood bullshi* movie you showed. Most masters claim alot of things this goes for both "external" and "internal"

Here is Chen Ziqiang

Here is Chen Bing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIc5NIfrnJs&feature=related

As you can see Tuishou can be ugly and hard unlike your scripted video you provided.

Mr Ni fought with external martial guy and able to put internal energy into sparring
I am sure every internal masters says the same thing. :rolleyes:
Mr Ni is well known for not giving face to those masters and earned his reputation by challenge them in his youth time.

I see. I will ask Mr.Ni myself concerning the claims you have made of him.
I think Mr.Ni should explain thingd since obviously you do a poor example of it.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Quick update: I sent Master Ni a message from the link provided on his video page. I asked him concerning the video.

I have asked other Taijiquan players in China what they thought of the video and they came to similar conclusions however one of my friends was nice enough to say
"It looks to me like an introduction to him and a show rather then a tuishou competition."

I don't have any problem with that if it is an introduction or something
but when you come sprouting my master is unbeatable and show this as proof of footage it will be met with questions and skepticism by the martial arts community in general.

I also do not doubt Mr.Ni has skills and I am sure he can handle himself
the question is the concern about the video and the intent of it which is why I have asked Mr. Ni himself. By no means am I or anyone else trying to discredit Mr.Ni quite the opposite I am trying to set the record straight of what the video is.

I do take issue with the contradiction fight record I did not ask yet but if Mr. Ni answers and his response is friendly enough I will ask.
As you know asking these types of questions is kinda of considered rude
however when a person puts themselves on the internet such social stigmas are voided and a person leaves themselves open to criticism as well as questioning.

I also want to make it clear that in no way is this fraud busting or an investigation to claims rather it is clarification of said claims.
I will post Mr.Ni's response here on Martial talk.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saying in MMA..if you win all your fights you're fighting the wrong people :)

Latest Discussions