Sgt. Evan Vela

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting story about an American sniper in prison for killing an unarmed terrorist. It is at Bigpeace.com and his story is paralleled with the story of the navy seal, Lone Survivor story.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting story about an American sniper in prison for killing an unarmed terrorist. It is at Bigpeace.com and his story is paralleled with the story of the navy seal, Lone Survivor story.

Proper link?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am barely able to post, this new fangled technology confuses me. I don't know how to do that little trick of highlighting websites. You can find it at Breitbarts Bigpeace.com on the very first page that appears.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Apparently you can link to the original story through the bigpeace.com story. The terrorist wasn't unarmed. It is interesting to read about the rings our guys have to go through to do their jobs. Amazing.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Including a link is easy. In your browser, copy the entire address from the window or text box. (It'll begin something like http://www.martialtalk.com). Then paste it into your post. Or you can use the button in the reply box that looks kind of like a globe sitting on a chain, and it'll open a dialogue window where you can type the address to link it. If you want to get really fancy, you can highlight a word that you want connect to the link, and use the button to open the dialogue, and the software will sort of "hide" the link behind the word.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are multiple counts of killing innocents and then planting evidence as justification.
Hensley himself admits that it was all orchestrated. He is a charismatic natural born killer, building a cult of personality around himself and turning his men into copies of himself like a typical cult leader.

The tragedy here is that Hensley himself is not sent to prison because (at least one of) his men lied under oath.

He didn't know it before then. He didn't know it until he watched the boy leave. Then he was like, Oh, that's why I sent him away. He got on the radio. He started making calls to Didier. The father was still on the ground. He was still alive. He did not speak English, so he couldn't know what was being said. But Hensley "had already made the decision. I was committed at that point, you know? I was already in decisive mode. So I set up a little scenario in my mind. I was like, All right, I got a guy 200 meters out . . . then I got a guy 150 meters out . . . all right, I see a weapon . . . I got a guy 100 meters out, I'd like permission to do a close kill. It's like a tragic Shakespeare play. I have the ending -- and I don't have to do anything but sit and watch -- because I know."

Nobody else did. "Redfern and Sandoval are up in the pump house. They keep turning around. 'Hey, what are we gonna do, Sarge -- what are we gonna do?' 'Shut the **** up and look that way. You ain't concerned with what we're gonna do. Hand, you're on the berm, shut the **** up and look that way. You ain't concerned with what we're gonna do.' And I was like, 'Evan, you got your pistol?' He's like, 'Yeah.' I was like, 'You ready?' Ready meaning: Is there a bullet in the chamber? Is the weapon ready? Not, Are you ready mentally? And then I said, 'All right. Shoot him.' He pulled the pistol out and he shot the guy

once in the head, and then he started making some gurgling noises -- the guy was making gurgling noises like, aaaahhckkkkk -- a really loud noise, almost as if his blood were draining back into his body cavity. I said something to the effect of, 'That's freaky, shoot him again.' And Vela shot him again. Whether the bullet impacted him or not, I don't know. But I think it did. Whatever."

They had taken an AK-47 with them on the mission. It had figured significantly in Hensley's stagecraft. Now he put it on the body. Or he directed one of his men to. The killing, he said, "is legitimate to me; it's not legitimate to the law. So I got two choices. I can do something illegal, like put a gun on him, or I can go to jail for murder. I don't know where you stand ethically on all of that, but that is what it is. And if doing something that is a little dishonest keeps me and my men from going to jail one day, I am going to be a little dishonest. If the law causes my men to get killed, the law will be broken. If lying prevents me from going to jail, I'm going to lie."

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/michael-hensley-0708-5#ixzz16H3x9UFM

Latest Discussions