Sexy Girls Have It Easy (vid)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The title obviously intrigued me and the video itself was a great commentary on the differences of how women are treated in society. This gal decided to see how much of a free ride she can cage off everyone she meets in London throughout the day, both as herself plain and nicely made up.
The results shouldn't be surprising and it is (IMO) a sad commentary on how (men) treat women simply on the basis of how they look.
Check it out. And yes, it's definitely a chuckle or three here and there.
http://current.com/items/89199963_sexy_girls_have_it_easy

Thoughts/comments...??

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thoughts/comments...??

It's not just women. We are all judged on how we look, men and women alike. The effects of height, attractiveness, dress and other "shallow" factors on job and hiring success, pay and simple common courtesy are all well documented. For instance, in the last 100 years, the taller candidate for President has won 84% of the time.

We all do it too, to one degree or another. Who will you be more nervous around in the street, the guy with a nice business suit on or the guy with the wife beater and a "Thugz 4 Lyfe" tattoo?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not just women. We are all judged on how we look, men and women alike. The effects of height, attractiveness, dress and other "shallow" factors on job and hiring success, pay and simple common courtesy are all well documented. For instance, in the last 100 years, the taller candidate for President has won 84% of the time.

We all do it too, to one degree or another. Who will you be more nervous around in the street, the guy with a nice business suit on or the guy with the wife beater and a "Thugz 4 Lyfe" tattoo?

This is very true. It's probably just a little more noticeable for women, but it's very true for men as well. I wonder how many good looking men could get a free drink from a female bartender? I'm sure they could.

I found the last one kind of funny. She said she thought the guy bought her a drink because she helped him. I think he had his beer goggles on! lol

The interesting thing about this video is that it was the same girl rather than 2 differently attractive girls.

Another interesting observation, when we feel good about our appearance, it effects our behavior as well. Did you notice the *dolled up* her was much flirtier than the plain her? You could see it in her body language a bit more, but could hear sometimes as well.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I agree that our self image affects our confidence and our behavior, which in turn affects our circumstances.

I would say that her phrasology had alot to do with the outcome. I think that by just coming out and asking "Can I get a free X" she reduced her chances. When she was dolled up, she tened to move into the free question much more smoothly.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have not seen the video, will have to wait until I get home. But I will mention that I am leery of any video purporting to prove theory X because one never knows how much footage was edited out in order to fit the preconception.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back when I was bouncing, quite often under-age college girls would flash me in an attempt to get in the door, either right off the bat or after I laughed at their fake ID. Apparently most of the bouncers in town were willing to risk getting fined and/or fired for a quick peek at ****. :rolleyes:

Kreth's Recipe for Incensed Young'un with Entitlement Issues
College ditz: *lifts shirt* "How do these look?"
Me: "They look under-aged. Throw them back."

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Back when I was bouncing, quite often under-age college girls would flash me in an attempt to get in the door, either right off the bat or after I laughed at their fake ID. Apparently most of the bouncers in town were willing to risk getting fined and/or fired for a quick peek at ****. :rolleyes:

Kreth's Recipe for Incensed Young-'un with Entitlement Issues
College ditz: *lifts shirt* "How do these look?"
Me: "They look under-aged. Throw them back."
:lfao: Atta boy!

Latest Discussions