Reaction score
Well, here's something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm... your question was about "securing" guns in a car. Is that your idea of secure? :rofl:

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
No but I do like the guy's setup. But I wouldn't want something like that myself.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, now, no, but I don't have to-I'm an engineer.

What he said. :) Specifications are written so people can design and plan without having a completed object in the possession.
Being an Engineer is a good thing. I should know, as I am as well. ;)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the back of a Toyota Prius its easy to fit a rifle, Ive done it. Having a concealed safe for a rifle would be different. It would require some major custom work to be done.

So don't. Get a decent, locking case. Use a bike lock or similar chain lock to secure the locked gun case to a solid point in the vehicle, like attachment points for seats or anchor points for the LATCH system child seats. Cover with a blanket so that nobody looks in the back, and decides that, with a pair of bolt cutters, they can steal your gun. If you're traveling and staying overnight, easy to remove the gun case and put in your room. Don't make things harder than they need to be. (Actually, it occurs to me that you just might find that principle of wider utility...)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the back of a Toyota Prius its easy to fit a rifle, Ive done it. Having a concealed safe for a rifle would be different. It would require some major custom work to be done.

The two phrases "major custom work" and "Toyota Prius" should never be used in the same sentence.

Just buy a gun box (Pelican and Plano make excellent ones) and chain it to something. If it doesn't have a lock on it, drill a hole in it and put a padlock on it.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So what do people have against the Toyota Prius?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
So what do people have against the Toyota Prius?

Probably has to do something with the perceived manliness of the Prius, I am glad you are comfortable with your mascul.... er, fuel mileage. :D

But there is also a reason why nobody makes a specialized gun safe for a Prius, the market isn't there, but you can get ready made custom console safes for every foreign and domestic truck, SUV, and many sedans.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you don't already know, then I can only suggest you add it to the list of things you're never going to understand.
I can understand quite a bit if I put my mind to it.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Probably has to do something with the perceived manliness of the Prius, I am glad you are comfortable with your mascul.... er, fuel mileage. :D

If anybody wants to pay more because they're insecure about a car affecting their manly image be my guest.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's rules against making your kinds of messages.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's rules against making your kinds of messages.

Which post? If you've got a problem with a post, make use of the RTM button rather than responding in kind or complaining in the thread. Don't RTM posts that you simply dislike, but if you feel that a post violates the rules, use the RTM button. It really helps if you reference the specific rule you think is being violated.

Latest Discussions