searching in New Jersey

A

amyazure

Hi to all,
i'm hoping that someone may be able to help direct me along the right path. I've studied martial arts, in one form or another, for most of my life... granted i'm not that old, but is a part of who i am. I started with one school and eventually had to leave- it just wasn't the 'right' instructor nor the 'right' information. I then began all over again with a new form, tae kwon do, with an instuctor i'd seen over the years. I had nothing but respect and admiration for this man, so i was trilled that it worked out that i could train with him. Well, almost a year later i've found that he deserves none of the respect i held for him before i found out his 'true' nature. I find myself in a hard place as i have to leave this school- i cannot train with someone like this and i wonder if the form itself focuses more on the sparring aspect and none of the sprituality or philosophy. I suppose my question is... does anyone know of a Kung Fu school in the Norther NJ area that they can recommend? I am willing to 'start again' if i can find a true mix of developing one's mind, body and spirit. I'm hoping this form will have more of focus on all aspects of martial arts. Thanx for your time and any information.
Amy

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am in the same situation, Amy. Except my first school was really good. But I had to move to upstate NY. I still haven't found the right instructor here. The isntructors up here are either full of themselves or just want money :( What ever happened to tradition in training .........

Anyways, I used to live in south Jersey, so maybe I can be of some help. PM me your location and I'll do a search for ya.