Adventures in Thailand 5

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend named Rocco, we don't know each other real well yet but so far he is one of the nicest coolest guys I've met here. And if you saw him you certainly wouldn't think so! Shaved head with a fully tattood scalp, grey and black beard, muscles on his muscles and earings INSIDE his earlobes so big they have stretched his ears out like a..... well damn like I don't know what, I've never seen anything like it! He looks like a muscular killer dwarf from a sci fi movie but he's actually very nice.

A month or so ago he was up in his apartment in Pattaya when he heard a loud "BUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDA!" coming from downstairs and outside. He runs downstairs half naked (wearing nothing but shorts) and lying in a bloody heep is the security guards body, he had been shot 8 times with a machine gun. The other doorman was freaked out but seemed ok. The one that had been shot was still alive and having trouble breathing so Rocco rolled him over a bit and held him up to help him breathe. He just kept encouraging him to breathe. The cops showed up and threw them all in the back of the cop truck to rush them to the hospital. Rocco just held the man tight while they bounced insanely along over speed bumps at full speed, these trucks are already a bumpy ride, Rocco said they were air borne from the bumps over and over. If Rocco hadn't been holding him he would have been bashed around pretty badly... don't think that would have helped the 8 bullet wounds. This is when the other door man realises that he too has been shot, guess he was so freaked out he didn't notice that bullet in him! Shock.

When they finally get to the hospital there is a news crew waiting for them and they film them getting out of the truck and running into the hospital. Rocco was covered in this mans blood, it looked pretty scary, he was topless and muscular and smeared in blood all over. The newsmen were shouting "Falangs been shot! Falangs been shot!" Apparently that would have made much better news! Rocco just kept saying "no I'm not shot". They take the wounded men away and that was that.

The man survived amazingly which is what makes this story worth reading. Maybe Rocco saved that mans life by holding him during the bumpy ride and encouraging and helping him to breathe, I think it must have made a difference. I talked to someone who saw it on the news, poor Rocco missed the broadcast, he was a hero.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Latest Discussions