School?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to some links to a reputable Japanese sword school in the Chicago area that is not Kendo?

Something like Iado/Kenjutsu training, as opposed to "sport" training like Kendo...

:asian:

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Japanese Cultural Center is one of the best around....Sensei Pitchford(sp?) is a qreat practitioner of Mugai Ryu Iaijutsu and Koryu Jujutsu.

Go to the website for more info. you'll see what I mean. Good luck!

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Paul B said:
The Japanese Cultural Center is one of the best around....Sensei Pitchford(sp?) is a qreat practitioner of Mugai Ryu Iaijutsu and Koryu Jujutsu.

Go to the website for more info. you'll see what I mean. Good luck!
Someone reccomended them to me early last year... maybe late the year before... I called and asked about it, and I got the response "We not teach that here"

:idunno:

Charles Mahan

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Funny. It's mentioned on their website and they passed my phone number on to Pitchford-sensei who later called me. He's real. I suspect you got ahold of someone up there who didn't know what they were talking about. Try again.

Here's the email addy I sent the request for information to: JapanCultr @ aol.com

Take out the spaces. I added those to fool spambots.

G

GarethB

Shinkendo have several groups on Illonois. I don't know if any of them are close to you but have a look at the Shinkendo web site. The Addresses of the groups are listed there. Shinkendo is not a "sport" style of swordsmanship.

http://www.shinkendo.com/

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Charles Mahan said:
Funny. It's mentioned on their website and they passed my phone number on to Pitchford-sensei who later called me. He's real. I suspect you got ahold of someone up there who didn't know what they were talking about. Try again.

Here's the email addy I sent the request for information to: JapanCultr @ aol.com

Take out the spaces. I added those to fool spambots.
Yeah, it was in the Yellow Pages under "Martial Arts" as well... thats how I found it in the first place. I think I will email them, thanks for the address, its much appreciated.