Scam E-mail I gotten Today

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gotten this in the e-mail and deleted it after copying the text. Like yeah okay shure I'll OPEN an attachment from someone living in Cambodia who I have no fricken idea who they are!
Sheesh!
What is sad that there will be idjits out there who WILL open it!
The "I caught a computer virus" saga continues.
I didn't even bother to scan it for viruses because I wasn't going to be bothered by it. Maybe it did maybe it didn't... I'll never know because I ain't THAT stupid.

Email: [email protected]

Greetings,

I will want you to kindly open the attached file to read the message content which I sent to you. I want to assure you that the letter have nothing to do with sending you email virus but it is a letter I will want you to read and upon your reply I will send you more detailed information as regards the letter.

Thanks and God bless you.

Miss. Miriam Yak; writing from Cambodia.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you could have thrown away the opportunity to be given a huge amount of money!! :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh... DANG IT! Oh well, next scam letter I'll check it out. :uhyeah:

NOT!

:wink2:

Is there anyone you think that actually does answer those emails and really thinks they will get money?
I got an email from the 'Bank of America' saying they been having problems with my account and would I confirm all my details please including the passwords and pin numbers. It actually looked quite official, except obviously I'm not a customer. I don't even know how to become one!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there anyone you think that actually does answer those emails and really thinks they will get money?
I got an email from the 'Bank of America' saying they been having problems with my account and would I confirm all my details please including the passwords and pin numbers. It actually looked quite official, except obviously I'm not a customer. I don't even know how to become one!

Yes, people do. The response rate is very low - something on the order of one tenth of one percent. But if the spammer/scammer sends out millions of emails, they are guaranteed a couple of good hits.

Why are people so stupid? That is the real question.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Well, the unfortunate thing is it costs very little to do. You just put on a black hat and get a zombie net, you can send out millions of emails as easy as you can send out a single one. Email scams are largely automated and use resources that don't belong to the scammer.

If the sucker rate is 1 in 10,000,000 you can still make money.

A good scam will likely have a higher return then that, I imagein the paypal ones did fairly well when they first started.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
But Miss Yak(?!! Short, fat lady with long stringy hair. sure you don't know her?) is so polite and religious, ("Thanks and God bless you."), she must be ok!

Latest Discussions