Sayoc Seminar

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the choreographer's name? I was talking to Tom about it and couldn't think of it - even though I had been told it before.

Paul M

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, there were 2 Sayoc guys involved - Tom Kier and Rafael Kayanan.

They're two of the top guys in the Sayoc organization - right hand men of Chris Sayoc.

Mike

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by loki09789
"Thomas Kier, as well as Rafael Kayanan" straight from a movie site, you were right. Thanks.

Paul M

LOL - man, I sure hope I was right. Otherwise those two guys have been lying to me ;)

Tuhon Raf is actually in the movie for a *very* brief moment. During one of the training segments, Benicio does a sentry removal on a large Filipino guy who's holding a rifle - that guy is Tuhon Raf :)

Mike

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder if they did that, in lue of a larger cash payment :)

Paul M.

Don't know. Never asked. It could, theroetically, go either way, though. Way Hollywood works, he might have actually gotten paid a bonus for the cameo.

Mike

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is the movie/action industry one of the Sayoc agendas (like I&I) or was this just something that kind of happened?

I think "The Hunted" was mostly a case of "right place, right time." I don't know that it's an agenda per se. But I know that Tuhons Tom and Raf have been asked to do some other work and are considering it.

Of course, I could be wrong. I've not talked to either of them about their specific plans. I'm basically just spreading gossip at this point. And, please, take it as such. I don't want either of those guys upset with me - one thing I can say unequivocally is that they're both very good at what they do and what they do is very nasty.

Mike

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember a local TKD artist who made the paper because he worked as a stunt extra on some Walker, Texas Ranger episodes with Chuck Norris (as well as a member of his school franchise). If you gossip is accurate :), then it sounds like they are dabbling and enjoying the ride. More power to them.

Paul M

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sayoc-Kali is sectioned in various parts

Sayoc-Kali - Grand Tuhon Christopher Sayoc
-------------------------------------------
- Sayoc Combat Choreography - Tuhon Tom Kier & Tuhon Rafael Kayanan
- Sayoc Tactical - Tuhon Tom Kier
- Sayoc Fighting Systems - Tuhon Ray Dionaldo & Tuhon Felix Cortes

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Instructor: Chad Dulin
When: March 13th, 2004 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Where: Horizon Martial Arts
Cost: $35 by March 1st
$45 After March 1st

Topics Covered
Weapon Grips
Target Allocation
Correct and effective blade use

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I think that this is a great opportunity to be introduced to Sayoc-Kali for those in and around the area.

Chad is a very knowlegeable and a good communicator and I know Tim's (Renegade) guys are serious about the study of the FMA(s).

Best regards,

Palusut

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Palusut said:
Sayoc-Kali is sectioned in various parts

Sayoc-Kali - Grand Tuhon Christopher Sayoc
-------------------------------------------
- Sayoc Combat Choreography - Tuhon Tom Kier & Tuhon Rafael Kayanan
- Sayoc Tactical - Tuhon Tom Kier
- Sayoc Fighting Systems - Tuhon Ray Dionaldo & Tuhon Felix Cortes

Some might think otherwise, but I like the direction Tuhon Chris is going by creating "sub" brands to the overall Sayoc- Kali. It is a way to preserve the old way..."Fighting Systems" and allow the new material room to expand. Its also a good solution to expanding past the "all blade all the time" label. (I was wondering if they were painting themselves in a corner.) By the way, Tuhon Cortes did a great single and double stick demo at the last FCS gathering, he also addressed some of the issues with the Sayoc Kali sections mentioned by Palisut.

Although I don't know Guro Chad, I agree with Palisut, if your in the area and have never seen Sayoc Kali it would be worthwhile to check it out.

Andy

Latest Discussions