Sanshou/Sanda

j.nguyen

White Belt
Reaction score
I've had an interest in perhaps studying in sanshou, or sanda as it might also be called. But it seems that it is just defined as (or many would believe that it is) wushu applied in to a modern realistic combative sense. I've been having some trouble finding any Sanshou dojo's, let alone any real information of substance. I know there are sanshou tournaments and such, and that the Chinese military/police are trained in sanda. It seems as though Sanshou is not all that popular outside of China, I liken it to Krav maga and would appreciate any info any of you might be willing to put forth. Thanks in advanced.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There is another thread on Sanshou and Sanda that is very informative, it's on the next page down (page 2) in this forum.
icon7.gif

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I've had an interest in perhaps studying in sanshou, or sanda as it might also be called. But it seems that it is just defined as (or many would believe that it is) wushu applied in to a modern realistic combative sense. I've been having some trouble finding any Sanshou dojo's, let alone any real information of substance. I know there are sanshou tournaments and such, and that the Chinese military/police are trained in sanda. It seems as though Sanshou is not all that popular outside of China, I liken it to Krav maga and would appreciate any info any of you might be willing to put forth. Thanks in advanced.

Sanda is taught at a lot of wushu universities in China so I can see why you might think that.

A lot of good info on Sanshou/Sanda here
http://www.flsanshou.com/

Some more good info here
http://www.nysanda.com/

Also as a point of refrence Cung Le is a Sanshou fighter.

And if you are interested in Sanda/Sanshou another art you may find interesting is Muay Thai.

And this is just me being picky (sorry about this).... dojo is Japanese, Sanda/Sanshou is Chinese.

Latest Discussions