sabre vs. rapier

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
You just killed rapier guy like 35 times in a row.

OP
Blindside

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
You just killed rapier guy like 35 times in a row.

Since this match he got a longer rapier and trying to fight a dedicated thrusting blade with 6 inches of reach (much less his own arm length) has made life more difficult.

Christopher Adamchek

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Very nice - head, body, and limb attacks
I like your follow through of transitions
I have a hard time believing that your rapier opponent is left handed (or has much skill in the first place)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since this match he got a longer rapier and trying to fight a dedicated thrusting blade with 6 inches of reach (much less his own arm length) has made life more difficult.
I think you are selling yourself short. The skill differential is pretty obvious.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds fun! Too bad you are on the other side of the country.
If i end up taking a vacation over there, I'll send you a message. If i go by plane though, I'd need to mooch for the weapons (don't want tsa asking questions)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that your rapier opponent is left handed (or has much skill in the first place)
I noticed the left-handedness too. It is possible that he isn’t really left-handed but he chose to fight left-handed so that the fight would not be over too quickly and @Blindside wouldn’t feel too badly about himself. I’ve heard tell that sometimes happens with elite-level Spanish swordsmen who are in the revenge business. Perhaps the fellow is a Spaniard...?

OP
Blindside

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

He is pretty new to rapier. When I fight his instructor it is pretty much a one sided slaughter.

Latest Discussions