Russian Style Hand 2 Hand Book??

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this book?

CLICK HERE

Comments? Good information or not worth the cover price?

Thanks
Jeremy Bays

R

Rich_

I've read it - it's the basic introduction to the ROSS system; fundamental principles, basic movements and so on.

If you want an introduction to Russian martial arts, it's good; unlike a lot of such books, the illustrations are *very* clear - good line drawings, not murky photos - and I found it to be very understandable (although take that opinion for what it's worth: I already had a fair bit of experience in the style :) ).

You'll see some basic applications and be given enough information to develop some more, or if you're already a martial artist, perhaps to look for improvements in form or efficiency in what you already do.

The book is only worth what you do with it; I wouldn't rate any martial arts books on literary content. If you can put it into practice, either in a class or with a training partner, it's definitely worth the price - and $12.50 doesn't seem that much, by martial arts books standards.

I am a ROSS instructor, by the way, but European and so totally financially unconnected with AARMACS/AMERROSS - it's not just a sales pitch!

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would just add that the book makes an excellent companion to Vladimir Vasiliev's tapes. And that I am not a ROSS instructor, so these are the words of an outsider.

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

OP
Samurai

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the Replies. I bought the book but have not looked through it yet.

Thank Again,
Jeremy Bays

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I picked this book up a bit ago. Very good stuff...especially on the tradition and history of some of the RMA styles.

Latest Discussions