RPG or MMORPG for PS2?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good RPG or MMORPG for the PS2. I get bored with FPS games rather quickly, and I'm looking for something with a little more "meat" to it. My gf and I have played Gladius, and had a good time with that. LOTR: The Third Age is ok. I almost fell asleep when I tried .hack, and the Baldur's Gate series is kind of repetitive.
I'm looking for something with a little more expansive environment, the less linear, the better. Any suggestions?

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There's an EQ game out called Champions of Norrath. It's pretty good but once you beat it, that's it. Playing through again, even on a tougher level isn't interesting anymore. It's much like the Bauldrs Gate series.

God of War is a really good game. Not RPG but pretty addicting. :p

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tarot said:
There's an EQ game out called Champions of Norrath. It's pretty good but once you beat it, that's it. Playing through again, even on a tougher level isn't interesting anymore. It's much like the Bauldrs Gate series.

God of War is a really good game. Not RPG but pretty addicting. :p
I had Champions of Norrath. I ran into the lockup issue that plagued the game. It wasn't interesting enough for me to replace it, so I swapped it for another game.
Edit: My bad, I just realized that it was Champions 2: Return to Arms that had the lockup issue. Anyway, I've played both...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you want a MA based RPG, try Jade Empire by Bioware. I only assume its availible for PS2 however... I played it on Xbox. Also Biowares Knights of the Old Republic series is fun... somewhat freeflowing, but somewhat linear... dunno.

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
If you want a MA based RPG, try Jade Empire by Bioware. I only assume its availible for PS2 however... I played it on Xbox. Also Biowares Knights of the Old Republic series is fun... somewhat freeflowing, but somewhat linear... dunno.

I was looking into KOTOR, and I believe Jade Empire is available on the PS2. I also (briefly) looked at FF XI, but I'm not shelling out the cash for a HD, with the PS3 available shortly. Besides, I have one of the slimline PS2s, so I'm not sure I can use a HD.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I'm not shelling out the cash for a HD, with the PS3 available shortly. Besides, I have one of the slimline PS2s, so I'm not sure I can use a HD.

I forgot... sony makes you buy those... :boing2: :boing2:

Latest Discussions