Richmond Taijutsu

Mountain Kusa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I personally can tell you nothing about them. However, I friends that have recently oppened a school. Bujinkan Shima Shibu or Dojo, I cant remember what they call it. Look in the phone Book for Island Imports and ask to speak to Doug or Michelle Tweedy. They are very close frinds of mine, Train with Ed Martin and Thom Humphries, and have two of the best hearts in the Bujinkan. I think you will find them enjoyable.

OP
M

magbhitu

I can only speak for Daryl Weade, he is a old friend of mine. He's first Q in Taijutsu and first Dan in Kendo. The other fellow whose rank I don't know – I assume Dan level in Taijutsu is the instructor of the class, which is taught on the campus of the University of Richmond. Knowing that Daryl is involved – I would sincerely recommend getting involved with those folks. Daryl has a broad understanding of the martial arts and is a great guy.

The Harrisonburg JMU group I train with is working on getting a time slot for the UofR people to come up and train with us sometime in January – so maybe I'll see you at that!

John Haverkamp

davidg553

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
newbie72 said:
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could verify this school or if anyone knows the instructors teaching at the Richmond Taijutsu Club in Richmond, VA. I believe their names are David Moorefield and Daryl Weade. Here's the website.

http://www.geocities.com/dmoorefi/richmond_taijutsu.html
I know Dave Moorfield and trained with him briefly before leaving Richmond. He was a long time Bujinkan member who later joined the Jinenkan. When I last trained with him, he was a nidan in the Jinkenkan. This was back in late 2000 so I am not sure what he has been doing since then. He is a good guy with a good heart.