Richard Cheney Shot while Hunting.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to watch this story unfold.

The Mayor of Carlsbad, New Mexico is reporting that in the late 1990's, while hunting on a private ranch in the South part of that state, the Chief Executive Officer of Halliburton was shot.

Mayor Forrest, and his twin brother, are unable to say which of them actually shot Mr. Cheney.

Also along for the hunting expedition was Senator Domenici.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002314518

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread moved to the study as this forum is more appropriate for this news story.

Lisa Deneka
MT Mod.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
Is there a reason you chose to post this here instead of in the Study?

Why do you believe this story belongs in the Study?

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
deadhand31 said:
On a side note....

I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney... than go driving with Ted Kennedy.

Great ... four posts in, and you have resorted to ad hominem attacks. It wasn't funny the first time around. How soon before you accuse me of being a Nazi?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yah know, for some reason I just got this mental image of one of the few scenes I saw from Mel Blank's "History Of The World"..."Pull!"

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
FearlessFreep said:
Yah now, for some reason I just got this mental image of one of the few scenes I saw from Mel Blanks "History Of The World"..."Pull!"

LOL!!!!!!!!!

icon7.gif

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Great ... four posts in, and you have resorted to ad hominem attacks. It wasn't funny the first time around. How soon before you accuse me of being a Nazi?

Publicly, or privately?

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
deadhand31 said:
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney... than go driving with Ted Kennedy.
:rofl:

michaeledward said:
Why do you believe this story belongs in the Study?
Because the Firearms board is for the gun enthusiasts among us to dicuss the use of firearms. Not to argue or debate about who shot who and/or why. Based on your previous posts on gun related issues I'm of the opinion that your motivation for bringing this up was meant more as some sort of "shot" at gun owners (or republican vice presidents) than to inspire any sort of meaningful discussion. Either way, I don't really care and I'm not going to devote any more of my time to debating it.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
Because the Firearms board is for the gun enthusiasts among us to dicuss the use of firearms. Not to argue or debate about who shot who and/or why. Based on your previous posts on gun related issues I'm of the opinion that your motivation for bringing this up was meant more as some sort of "shot" at gun owners (or republican vice presidents) than to inspire any sort of meaningful discussion. Either way, I don't really care and I'm not going to devote any more of my time to debating it.

I wonder to whose prejudice your response speaks? And what previous posts, I wonder, do you reference about my motivation? Posts that you describe as 'some sort of 'shot' at gun owners'. I posit it is more about your judgements of me, than it is about my posts.

I am an avid outdoorsperson, who values every hunter. Hunters are critical to the preservation of the ecosystem and the management of the wildlife herds throughout the country.

I am a proud American who fights to protect all 10 of the Amendments to the Constitution; including the Second Amendment.

That a Republican Vice President is a high profile example from which to discuss firearms, hunting, safety, and consequences thereof, does not, or at least should not, discriminate the discussion.

It seems to me, a former President was once a high profile example from which we launched a national debate about oral sex and whether it was, or was not, sex. What is the difference, I wonder?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems to me, a former President was once a high profile example from which we launched a national debate about oral sex and whether it was, or was not, sex. What is the difference, I wonder?

Depends on which forum you put it in :)

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:

Depends on which forum you put it in :)

[thread gank ] Hey Bob ... Do we have a 'What is Sex' forum? [\thread gank ]