Remember High school physics?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
$elephantintheway.jpg

I think that with a question like "Does the object continue to move after it comes to rest?" this is the best possible answer.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey! where did you get my old physics paper!! :) I noticed that about the question as well. I hated those in school, did they mean it? Was it a trick? How did they develop a frictionless ramp? Why is there always a spring at the bottom of said ramp? Can you pick up a constant force spring at the same place you get the ramp?

Then I would just leave it blank and figure it was only worth a couple of points and couldn't really make that big of difference in the paycheck I would recieve when I got out of school.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
An elephant in the way LOL!

Whether or not the object continued to move after it came to rest would depend on if the object went back up the slope after bouncing off the spring. Going back up the slope it would come to a momentary rest before coming back down the slope.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would have been :lfao: if I had corrected that paper. And I would have at least given him some credit for being creative and giving me a laugh!