recommended break food during muay thai...

micah

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i have a camp this weekend, 4 hours each day, its 2 hours, then 1 hour lunch, then 1 more hour...

i will eat something but i dont want to eat anything that will fill me up too much, but at same time would like somthing to replenish.. or shold i stick with a energy related food... any reccomendations?

Rybot

White Belt
Reaction score
I guess the key to this, like any food /fluids consumed in between heavy excercise is moderation. I would recommend both water and some electrolyte replacement drink, depending on the intensity of the camp.

For food, go with something light, even a sandwich would do, I reckon. Maybe first you want to consume something with sugars (a granola bar) to give your tired muscles a quick energy boost and make them and your stomach receptive to the light meal to come.

Don't overdo it, you don't want your stomach sloshing around with liquid while you're doing pushups ! :p

That's my two cents, I'm just thinking what I would bring with me :p

cheers!

Ryan

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
You guys get a break? Lucky... lol We only get a break if we do a 7hr session. Plus they serve Thai food (stir-fry veggies and mildly curried chicken over white rice) for lunch. Given that we break for 1hr for lunch and lots of talk are involved so we are not at it 100% for 7hrs straight.

The 1hr break is actually killer because your body cools down and goes into rest state. Re-starting the fire for another 3hr session is challenging because all you wanna do is take a nap after eating.

OP
M

micah

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
well i ended up getting a small sub and drank water and powerade, went very well