Recipe for Pancit?

E

Emptyglass

Hi all:

Does anyone have a recipe for pancit they would like to share?

Thanks,

Rich Curren

OP
E

Emptyglass

Hi Andy:

Well hope springs eternal. If anyone wants to share it with me privately please PM or e-mail. I promise not to spread it. It's for my personal recipe collection

In any case, the link you sent is broken. Could you please send me the name and author.

Thanks,

Rich Curren

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
I do not have a recipe in front of me at the moment... off the top of my head, this one comes to mind... My Filipino cookbook is due too be released later this year, if my wonderful publisher ever finishes dealing with the art department...

Pancit Bihon
1 8-oz pkg. rice stick -noodles (bihon)
1 lg Chicken breast cooked & shredded
1/4 lb Boneless pork cooked & cubed.
1/4 lb Small shrimps shelled
2 tb Vegetable oil
1 md Carrot shredded
1 ea Celery stalk shredded
1/4 lb snow peas
1 1/2 cup Cabbage; shredded
2 ea Garlic cloves; minced
1 sm Onion; chopped
1 cup Chicken broth
1 tb Soy sauce
Salt pepper to taste

In a saucepan saute garlic in 2 tbsp oil until brown. Add onion and fry until soft. Add the chicken, pork, and shrimps. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the carrots snor peas celery and cabbage and cook until almost tender. Pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Season with soy sauce salt black pepper. Add noodles that has been soaked in warm water drained very well. Stir constantly until cooked. Serve warm with a sprinkling of lemon juice and patis

OP
E

Emptyglass

Hi Grimfang:

That sounds really good. I'll give that a try next week. Please let me know when your book is released and I will check it out.

Best Regards,

Rich Curren

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
[QUOTECould you please send me the name and author.

Hey Rich, the cookbook my wife has is "Philippine Cookbook" by Reynaldo Alejandro. Grimgfang's recipe sounds good, although I prefer Pancit Canton vs Bihon.

Andy

OP
E

Emptyglass

Thanks again. I normally have the Canton and have not tried the Bihon yet. Although I will now.

Rich Curren

Latest Discussions