Recent deaths in the name of Allah.

alfyed11

White Belt
Reaction score
Total Muslim attacks during August 07: 285, in 15 countries around the globe.

1890 people murdered, 3176 critically injured.

Today, so far, 9/6/07:
  • Yala, Thailand: 1 killed and 2 injured when Muslim extremists kill a police officer with a bomb.
  • Mogadishu, Somalia: 2 killed when an elderly man and woman, by grenade attack by Islamic militants.
  • Narathiwat, Thailand: 1 killed as a rubber tapper is killed by a bomb set off by Islamic radicals as he worked on a plantation.
Yesterday 9/5/07:
  • Yala, Thailand: 1 killed, 4 injured as Islamists bomb a grocery store, killing a man and injuring four, including two children.
  • Mosul, Iraq: 1 killed 28 injured: A suicide bomber kills a bystander and 28 others.
  • Helmand, Afghanistan: 2 killed, 3 injured. Two Afghan police are killed when religious extremists bomb their vehicle.
  • Medina, Somalia: 1 killed. A local soldier guarding a market is shot to death by Islamic militias.
  • Narathiwat, Thailand: 2 killed. A 68-year-old man is shot off his motorbike by Muslim terrorists. Another civilian is killed in a separate drive-by attack.
For a total list for 2007, see the lower portion of the first page of:

www.TheReligionOfPeace.com

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You will notice that there's almost none in the U.S. of A? Seems this homeland security thing is working... :idunno: You'd think with the extremist hatered of the U.S. of A that they'd be doing these little one on one strikes here where it's a bit easier to get away with...

IMO one of the reasons why we need to get out of Iraq and start pursuing terrorist around the world... like Dubya said we would after 9/11. Staying in one place isn't my idea of a pursuit.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You will notice that there's almost none in the U.S. of A? Seems this homeland security thing is working... :idunno: You'd think with the extremist hatered of the U.S. of A that they'd be doing these little one on one strikes here where it's a bit easier to get away with...

IMO one of the reasons why we need to get out of Iraq and start pursuing terrorist around the world... like Dubya said we would after 9/11. Staying in one place isn't my idea of a pursuit.
There've been quite a few here in the States. The media simply refuses to point them out as such. As reference I'll point you to the attack at the jewish center in (if I remember correctly) Washington state where in the attacker stated that he was a muslim and hated jews. To me that's muslim extremeism and at the very least a "hate crime" (even though I hate that term:) ). There have been others and when I get time I'll dig around and find links for them and post them here.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let's see, there was the shooter at the El Al counter of LAX;
the SUV jihadi at USC - Chapel Hill;
the SUV jihadi in San Francisco;
the Jewish center shooting that Letch mentioned;
not to mention the DC sniper and his protege.

I'm sure I'm missing a few. What makes these attacks different is that none of them except, to a lesser degree, the DC sniper has been the media spectacle that 9/11 was. Whether that is because of limited finance, limited vision, or out of fear of the "backlash against Muslims(tm)" that we hear about so often, I couldn't speculate.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's see, there was the shooter at the El Al counter of LAX;
the SUV jihadi at USC - Chapel Hill;
the SUV jihadi in San Francisco;
the Jewish center shooting that Letch mentioned;
not to mention the DC sniper and his protege.

I'm sure I'm missing a few. What makes these attacks different is that none of them except, to a lesser degree, the DC sniper has been the media spectacle that 9/11 was. Whether that is because of limited finance, limited vision, or out of fear of the "backlash against Muslims(tm)" that we hear about so often, I couldn't speculate.

The amount of media coverage is proportional to the number of people killed.

The El-Al shooting took two lives. The DC Sniper and sidekick took 16 over a period of roughly as many days, and 9/11 was 4 bombings that took about 3000 lives.

OP
A

alfyed11

White Belt
Reaction score
I'll point out that the sniper incidents were completely downplayed as Islamic-based. That is, many people had no idea what was really behind them, and the only reason I can imagine is that as a nation we still are afraid of offending any group -- even if that group's charter leads to actions that we cannot tolerate. I've spoken to quite a few people who really had no idea, although I think the names of the suspect(s) should have been a giveaway.

Years after 9/11, the major networks refused and still refuse to show footage from the events of that day. I've heard arguments that it is "too soon" and "too distressing." Yes, mass murder is distressing. Why keep it from us? Are we supposed to forget faster? What purpose does that serve?

Today (9/7/07) so far:

Nazran, Ingushetia; 1 killed: An elderly man is cut down by Islamic terrorists with automatic weapons at point-blank range.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan; 1 killed: A prominent 55-year-old Jewish man is stabbed to death in a heinous attack.
In perspective:
  • More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.
  • Islamic terrorists kill more people each day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.
  • More civilians were killed on 9/11 by Islamists than in the 36 years of violent conflict in Northern Island. The 9/11 death toll was also greater than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.
For a more complete list of murders in the name of Islam, please see the web site below:
www.TheReligionOfPeace.com but be careful -- there's a lot here that is distressing.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
“Staying in one place isn't my idea of a pursuit.”

This is not entirely accurate. The U.S. has people all over the world assisting other governments in active pursuits (both the gathering and analyzing of intelligence and the darker hands on ‘ugly’ work.) And they are doing a very admirable job with many great results, but, due to politics (ours and with-in the countries the work is being done) and political correctness and security the word on the work is being kept to a minimum but while the story is not front page news and perhaps it should be, the work and sacrifices are contributing positively to our and others safety here in the United States and around the world.

Brian King

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
The amount of media coverage is proportional to the number of people killed.

The El-Al shooting took two lives. The DC Sniper and sidekick took 16 over a period of roughly as many days, and 9/11 was 4 bombings that took about 3000 lives.

I agree that the the media coverage was proportional. I wasn't commenting on how the media covered it; I was talking about the scale of the operations. Meaning that if these individuals had their way they would have killed thousands rather than the relatively few that they did kill.