Pleasanton, CA: Looking for a place to stay

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My family are visiting from Utah to California. We are in Simi Valley right now with friends. The other friends we were supposed to stay with this coming Thursday (June 23) for a few days had a change of plans. His wife became very ill, so we decided not to add to their stress by staying with them.

What I am looking for is the location for a reasonably priced motel/hotel for Thursday night there in Pleasanton, CA or nearby within a 50 mile range. If there isn't any major martial arts events or other interesting situations for us to stay longer in town, we likely will go up early ahead of schedule to my sister's house for the weekend (Crescent City) and then to Oregon.

Any help, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

- Ceicei

BigCat63

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ceicei
I am in Pleasanton and there is an abundance of hotels/motels here. For something affordable try the Motel 6 on Hopyard Rd. 925-463-2626.
As for Martial Arts events in the area I dont know of anything offhand but you might try a general search of the Bay Area, Pleasanton is within 50 miles of San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose.
Feel free to email me if you have other questions...
regards
Bob

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you, Bob. We're about 5 hours away from Pleasanton at the moment, so I will contact the Motel 6 on Hopyard. I appreciate the suggestion. Once I get there, I will check if any MA-related event is available over the weekend or whether a Kenpo studio might be open somewhere for a training session. We'll see.... Thank you, again.

- Ceicei

BigCat63

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My pleasure. The Kenpo school I study at is in Livermore (about 7 miles from Pleasanton). We are closed on the weekends, but normally I would be happy to open and invite you down. However I was diagnosed with a possible hernia yesterday and my Doctor told me not to exert until I have a consult with a surgeon.
I dont know of another kenpo school in the area however there is a large facility in Pleasanton called the Self Defense Institute which does a variety of Martial Arts. You might give them a call and see whats going on this weekend. They do alot of seminars, they had Bas Rutten recently, CDT, and they sometimes have an open fight night sometimes which looks like fun. They may have something going on, worth a try anyway...good luck!

Latest Discussions