Pendakar Sander's Pencak Silat?

AmericanKenpoChris

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was browsing Century's Panther videos and came across Pendakar Sanders' Series, Pencak Silat. Has anyone seen these dvds? Although, I have no experience in this style, would these videos be of any value to a kenpoist looking to broaden his knowledge base? I would appreciate any insight into these dvds and instructor, and I am aware that distance training via videos doesn't equal hands-on dojo experience but was looking to add to my repertoire. Thank you.

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Chirs,

I'm an Instructor of Pukulan Tjiminde (Wetzel Style) and I have seen Sander's videos since he is also from the Wetzel lineage under Guru John Malter. Sander does use techniques from other systems but his art is still heavy Wetzel. I can say even though I don't like some of his movements and the way he does some of his techniques they are still a good video line to buy. Sander is a good instructor, and very true to his art even though he can be kind of out there. I would say go ahead and buy the DVD collection, or just one to see what you think. I would get the Sparring Video. I hope this has been of some help to you.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a link to his website. http://www.cimande.com/ I have seen some of the old panther videos and I think you might enjoy his newer videos better. Not that the old ones were bad mind you but people do get better over time. I was researching indonesian martial arts and I used a few of his videos along with others during the course of that research.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

OP
A

AmericanKenpoChris

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I appreciate you gentlemen taking the time to respond to my post and share your thoughts. Thank you, Chris.

Latest Discussions