Pearson interview: TUF 9 winner is excited ... to meet his hero Couture

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-11-2009 02:45 PM:

There aren't too many fighters who can look at an MMA undercard and say, "I'm old enough to be your father!" That's certainly the case when UFC 105 main eventer Randy Couture looks at the roster of young British fighters that the undercard is built around. The 46-year-old fought all the way back at UFC 13. For many of the 21-25 year olds from the U.K. they didn't start watching until UFC's in the 40's. More than a few of them have talked about how excited they are to be on the same card as "The Natural." Ross Pearson is so fired up to meet Couture he's pulling a poster of the fighter off his bedroom wall. That's right, not a hot babe like Keeley Hazell or a Bond girl like Shirley Eaton, Couture!

"I've watched every one of his fights. He's nothing but a hero, an inspiration of fine."

Pearson said this is a chance of a lifetime:

"I was as excited to find out that I as fighting Aaron Riley as I was when Randy Couture was announced as the main event."

Now there is a pecking order. Sure Pearson is sort of a television star after his season nine stint on "The Ultimate Fighter," but he said he's going to "ask" the UFC if they can get Couture to sign his poster.

Pearson will battle Riley on the undercard this Saturday in Manchester.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions