Pambuan knife techniques

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I recently attended a seminar hosted by Grandmaster Bobby Toboada and Raffy Pambuan in Orlando. Also there was Roland Rivera with IMAF. Roland sent me an email asking for my notes on the Pambuan knife portion. Since I took the time to type them out, I’ll post some here, if anyone wants to try to figure out my writing!

OP
arnisandyz

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
1. knife vs empty hand._ knife thrusts midsection, met by crossblock or parry. collapse elbow on top of defense - you kind of pivot around 180 degrees so your shoulder/back is leaning against defender (almost like your falling on him), you can then thrust over the shoulder and or sipa with right leg or if defender gives space go thrust to slash as you pivot back around.

2. knife vs knife - takedown, very similar to Ray's palisut entry to takedown, takedown in such a way so the guys feet or foot goes stright up which is captured by the blade. (Again, Ray did the same exact one with the kerambit)

3. knife vs knife - dumog to disarm._ palisut with knife (reverse grip) to capture opponents knife with you live hand._ Cut/dumog to inside elbow bringing the kneck down into a slash to the neck._ Live hand, which still controls wrist lock goes to partners right ear as you blade hooks around other side - clamp neck with knife and forarm ._ Disarm and cut out (keep your forarm checked on neck)- pivot from elbow to thrust to midsection.

4 empty hand vs knife - like knife tapping - partners knife comes in on a 1 line - picked up with right palisut as left direct hits. As knife is_ passed downward left hand checks knife as right hand hits. Armbar to sipa or "planting the rice"

Latest Discussions