PaKua Schools

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Anyone out there know anything about this school? They have a belt system that includes a gray belt, and, if i understand correctly, actual ba gua instruction doesn't come until you've studied a bunch of other things. Not necessarily bad in and of itself.

Anyway, if anyone is involved with this school i would be interested in any comments they might have.

:idunno:

http://www.pakua.us/schools/index.php

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not bagua zhang. It's not bagua quan. It's using a common theory in CMA but best I've been able to tell, it wasn't even close to BGZ.

There was a website from NY up a year or more ago that actually showed those people moving. :idunno:

For the record... I've played Jiang Rong-qiao's BGZ since 2001. I've also been exposed to Sun Lu tang's 8 Animal BGZ & Swimming Dragon BGZ as well... Seen plenty of Yin Fu & Cheng. I've got a little idea about BGZ ... :erg:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
j_m said:
I would just like to second what clfsean said about that "pa kua". If you want to learn baguazhang spend some time and research looking for a qualified teacher.
Here is a page with some of thier video clips of thier "pa kua":
http://www.pakua.org/martialarts/martialarts1.htm

jm
That site looks pretty good, the videos still look a little far from CMA principles, but I like the throws and such. Looks like the best mix I've ever seen.

7sm

brothershaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Looks similiar to shorinji kempo video clips.
If you really want baguazhang look for it!! Its not too hard to find.

H

Hammer Head

Just saw the videoclips. It looks "practical" but , is it Baguazhang? Does anybody know of any website where we can see traditional Baguazhang? Videoclips?

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Go look up The Black Taoist's site. He has Bagua video. Also on Emptyflower.com for more vids as well.

J

Judge Pen

Check out the masters page. I wonder how long you have to train before they call you a master?

Anyway the stuff looks tkd/karate'ish with some jujitsu/aikido locks added in for good measure. Probably very practical if trained properly, but, as everyone says: Not BGZ.

Latest Discussions