Outside versus inside

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For those of you that have trained in both, what was the difference and how did it benefit your overall training?
Terry

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
For those of you that have trained in both, what was the difference and how did it benefit your overall training?
Terry

Just about everything I can do inside, I'd prefer to do outside. Just don't forget: wear sunscreen

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Training outside tends to have a few more natural distractors. for example, take a 12 year old used to an indoor training environment outside and its like he's never seen a bird before!

Changing environments is a great idea, no matter what level though.

My two cents...

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've trained only inside; but, have practiced outside many times. I prefer doing it at night, less distractions. More serene.

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Indoor training is fine, but outdoor training brings a new level to it. We have outdoor training in the park twice per year (Spring & Fall), and training on the beach in Galveston once per year(July).

Amazing how much the natural elements of the outdoors can sap your energy: sunlight, ground types, wind, water waves, etc. I've seen students that were very energetic in a controlled classroom, but "ran out of gas" training the same way outdoors.

It is a wonderful experience (training outdoors) and I recommend it highly.

R. McLain

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We train inside and outside. I enjoy training outside. A couple of times a month we have a class at a local park. On the outside, training "appears" or feels a little different because people are wearing some sort of shoe, the ground is not level and smooth. It is rough and there are elevation changes. As a matter of fact, I was going over rolling with a new student outside and realized that the direction I was rolling was up hill, even though it wasn't easily discernable with the eye. It changes the dynamics of training so it feels a little different or awkward, but I believe at the same time, it demonstrates it is truly all the same.

Latest Discussions