Out of curiosity

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dose anyone know how many recognized instructors of the traditional ryu there are and/or how many in the USA?
Is there anywhere someone can look up if a person claiming to teach ninjutsu has legit credential in the Ryu

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
dose anyone know how many recognized instructors of the traditional ryu there are and/or how many in the USA?
Is there anywhere someone can look up if a person claiming to teach ninjutsu has legit credential in the Ryu

Which ryu?

I kind of doubt that there are any Americans with menkyo kaiden in any of the nine.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
so for those that do not belog are you sating there are NO ligit instructors of the 9 in the USA

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
so for those that do not belog are you sating there are NO ligit instructors of the 9 in the USA

No, he's just posting in his typical fashion... ask a question, get a picture of macaroni. Take his cryptic responses with a grian of salt, some folk feel the ONLY legit instructor is in japan, and anyone else is a joke.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Awardings of Menkyo Kaiden in individual ryu are not usually items of public discussion in the Bujinkan.

So if you are asking who is an instructor of an INDIVIDUAL ryu, in other words a menkyo kaiden, then that's a tough question.

It sounds like LotD is implying that there is one in Texas. I wouldn't be suprised considering the person to which he must be referring.

If you mean an instructor in the Bujinkan, then there are probably at least a thousand by now.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No, he's just posting in his typical fashion... ask a question, get a picture of macaroni. Take his cryptic responses with a grian of salt, some folk feel the ONLY legit instructor is in japan, and anyone else is a joke.

Start a cheesy thread, and face my wrath. :ultracool

I met more jokes last time in Japan than I had for a long time before that.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Start a cheesy thread, and face my wrath. :ultracool

Sheldon is a Legit poster, with no real ties to the Bujinkan, so I think he was asking legit questions. I didn't know you got promoted to keeper of the cheese in my absence.

Latest Discussions