Opera for free!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Opera just turned 10 and....

Party favors: Get a free Opera registration code by clicking the "go free" button below. We're giving away registration codes for as long as the party lasts!
For those that don't know Opera is a really nice web browser that usually you have to pay for. But now its free (while the party lasts)

http://my.opera.com/community/party/

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Did the Slashdot crowd get a hold of this site or something? Yikes.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't like bumping my own thread, but everyone that hasn't really should get a FREE code, no risk and it's a really great, fast, secure browser.

Without the code you can still get the browser, but with text ads.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing myself. I tried it a while back, liked it, but it had some bugs. Now, I'm using Firefox. I'd be interested if anyone did a side by side comparison.

The interface seems cleaner, but I'll have to play with it more to really feel it out.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I'm using FireFox and like it. Is there reason to switch?
Both are good browsers, not much agreement on which is better. Some things I like about Opera better, some things I like better about Firefox.

But, when someone offers a one-day only chance to get your registration code free on a good product, well, I take it ;)

Besides, having 2 good, secure, web browsers is a good thing. If one falls through on security there is a back up, or even just has trouble displaying a certain page... (Internet Explorer doesn't count as a back up )

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm on my way....i am at school now so I have to print it out, but I will do it when I get a chance.

THANKS FOR THE LINK

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought about it, but I had just switched from Mozilla 1.7.x to Firefox and Thunderbird 1.0.6. I've been more than happy with the Mozilla-line.

Cthulhu