Open office d/l mirror?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The North American one left me with a copy I can't install and which give me an internal error each time I try to install it.

Got a better mirror?

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I've downloaded and installed the Java update and have tried and tried and tried to install open office, but I get these errors:
Internal error 2908
{1D5A4C51-DBEE-499A-BA76-284ODBC6A4A9}

Internal error 2908
{68OEEO6b-C1EA-473D-9313-44167E4ABA4D}

Internal error 2908
{FCE7592B-DC6E-4OBE-CB46DFF8C8FF}

Internal error 2908
{D239BCAF-734A-4OFF-B19F-AAB6OCOBB17E}

Internal error 2908
{DDD1485F-324D-47F4-87FC-7A81CD3A4352}

ERROR 1965. An error occurred during the installation of assembly "cli_types,publicKeyToken="cd2cb7e279207b9e",version=1.1.80",culture="neutral". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: Ox8013...

Can't find resolution for these errors - please help?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try removing Java and installing again, see if that does it.

Could be something that came about from a Java update perhaps?

I've not seen those errors, jut for most people the things that need Java are never used, so if Java is causing it, dump it and retry.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, in searching their forums, it's a quite common issue ... problem is they link to a simple cleaning program, but the link is old and the program can no longer be found. Now I'm supposed to be a programmer and search through verbose logs to find the error.

Crapamole.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, in searching their forums, it's a quite common issue ... problem is they link to a simple cleaning program, but the link is old and the program can no longer be found. Now I'm supposed to be a programmer and search through verbose logs to find the error.

Crapamole.
That's the headache with the free/open source products like that. And, some of the functions in various MS Office applications don't always work or run quite right on OpenOffice. (But, hey, OpenOffice is FREE! and some of it is better!)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's the headache with the free/open source products like that. And, some of the functions in various MS Office applications don't always work or run quite right on OpenOffice. (But, hey, OpenOffice is FREE! and some of it is better!)

Got nothing to do with it being free/open source. I've had more problems with MS Office then OpenOffice ;)

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You could use google docs as a temp. sollution ;)

Every customer that gets a fresh windows install with me gets openoffice and i've never seen that error.
Maybe you can perform some basic cleanup on your system with tuneup.
You can grab a trail at their site

Latest Discussions