One issue voting?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some people vote on the basis of only one issue. Some vote only "pro-life" for example. Some vote "anti gun control" only.

What are your opinions on one issue voting?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
PAUL said:
Some people vote on the basis of only one issue. Some vote only "pro-life" for example. Some vote "anti gun control" only.

Anything that get's the citizen to the polls. I think anyone who votes pro-life only is a better human being than one who chooses not to vote, despite my disagreement with that position.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PAUL said:

They may only be there for one reason; however, when faced with other issues they will vote on how they generaly feel about them. My problem is that I usualy pick names, for judges, based on, how they sound or roll off the toungue.
Sean (www.iemat)

C

c2kenpo

Unfortunately people have been doing that for years. But better vote then no vote.

However my view is no matter what your vote is, or your stand, VOTE.
If you dont vote then dont complain about how things are. YOU have the power to change things from your daily life to affecting political outcomes.
All depends oh how much effort you are willing to put in.

JMHO

off the :soapbox:

Dave

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Vote? What a novel idea! I vote based on what I want to see accomplished. I would vote base solely on a single issue and if its a big issue that might be my only motivation.

I am of the opinion that every passing 12th grader be ask to vote.

don

M

MisterMike

I have different priorities now than say when I was 18. Some issues are more important to me now (or exist now) than they did before. I think if there is one issue that means the most to you, even if the other guy looks better for 10 other reasons, it's OK to stand up for the one that means the most. Guess you have to throw it all on the scales and see which way it tips.

Maybe when you are young, you only care who is going to let you keep more of your earned money.

Then some day when you are older, you only care that your social programs are kept alive or your meds are free.

Or maybe it's guns. You just want to keep your rights but don't give a hoot about a candidate's position on the economy. Guess it's your call. It's what matters most to you.

When a majority of the voters in the country vote like that, or are ignorant of the problems and issues facing the country, well then there may be need for concern.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
don bohrer said:
Vote? What a novel idea! I vote based on what I want to see accomplished. I would vote base solely on a single issue and if its a big issue that might be my only motivation.

I am of the opinion that every passing 12th grader be ask to vote.

don
Don, all those many years ago when I was in my senior year of high school I remember having a meeting in the auditorium for the senior class regarding just this subject. All of us were given the opportunity to register to vote as well as info on when, where and how (the process not for whom) to vote. I've voted every chance I've gotten (often through absentee when in the military). I encourage my young-uns to vote when they're old enough. Start them early in getting politically interested or at least in understanding their responsibility to vote and they'll be more politically involved.

Latest Discussions