Olympics 2004

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would love to see more of the Martial event on television. Heck I would like to see more of the oplimics on tv, not just those events where americans may do well. For that matter I would like to see more events and MUCH less interviews and tear jerlking "what this person went through" I may be crule but I dont care what they went through I want to see the compititions.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
I would love to see more of the Martial event on television. Heck I would like to see more of the oplimics on tv, not just those events where americans may do well. For that matter I would like to see more events and MUCH less interviews and tear jerlking "what this person went through" I may be crule but I dont care what they went through I want to see the compititions.

Ditto.
Olympic media coverage in this country sucks.

A

Akula

Agreed - the airtime used on the personal stories angle could be used much better by using it for more event coverage. From personal experience, EVERYONE that is in the Olympics has some sort of 'what I went through' story.

Last time the summer olympics rolled around, I actually ended up watching some of the event coverage on the Canadian, and Spanish-language stations (DirecTV system). It was refreshing because they covered some of the less televised events like Judo and Shooting, but also because the announcers knew when to be quiet.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I may be crule but I dont care what they went through I want to see the compititions
It's not cruel at all. I think the vast majority of folks that watch the games would agree with you. I know I do. If I want to see what they went through I'll wait for the "Lifetime" channel movie to come out. I've got 300 channels on the box, surely I should be able to find some coverage of the judo, TKD, fencing and so on.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love watching the modern pentathalon. It is running, swimming, fencing, equestrian jumping, and pistol shooting. Now that is an event. Those are all the events I would want to compete in anyway. I read that the event was steeped in military history. It was supposedly modeled after an officer courier who had to deliver a message, and after running his horse into the ground from exhaustion, had to run, swim across a river, and fight his way through the enemy by sabre/rapier duel and pistol.

Throw in a stick fight and a knife duel and I'm in.

T

TonyM.

So we're saying that we don't want NBC and Bob Costas broadcasting the Olympics this year. Remember to bring your BankAmericard, err I mean Visa Card.

OP
O

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Guess I'm stuck with NBC.
Don't have cable ot Satellite.
(My kids think they live in the dark ages)

S

superdave

I like the wrestling, judo, boxing, fencing.
They can keep the TKD event.

Latest Discussions