Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think i can actually make this bro
itsnot too long a drive
will report back afterwards cant wait

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I unfortunately won't be able to make it. But to those who are in the area, or even if your not but have the means to be there, you should be. Vincent is a living treasure due to the knowledge he has which has almost come to extinction. We should all feel honored that he openly shares these things with us and gives it with no cushion, the way its supposed to be. Thanks v for all you have done and are doing.

If you can, be there.

BigWilliam

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Best of luck Vincent! And thank you for sharing with us!

I would love to have come down but the company I worked for just closed it's doors so I must focus closer to home right now.

Best regards,
William

VASI

Orange Belt
Reaction score
show was killer
got in right as the thing started
tons of good stuff loved the human tigers, improv weapons and the burmese boxing projexts.
two hours flew by like nothing. got to hang out afterwards. way glad i went. met some cool peeps there that will stay in touch with.

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering that also. My guess was that it covered harimau from malaysia. Because of the tiger reference.

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The human tigers was about tiger spirit possession in southern burma. The second half of the show was devoted to Burma. All the projects presented were works in progress meaning projects that are in varying states of development, so it was a glimpse at what is to come. It was better to do it that way because i realized that the show needed to be more focused and connected. We opened with a mixed assembly of different footage into indian wrestling, into improvised weapons(which was in the modern frame and is about nyc/philippines) into burma showing the spirit/shamanistic side into bare knuckle fighting which one of the oldest traditions. Most of pieces were short to stimulate conversation and the final piece on lethwei was a rough assembled 25 minutes of probably a final 90 minute piece.

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Looking forward to these upcoming projects as well as others. Thank you for sharing with us v.

VASI

Orange Belt
Reaction score
the tiger stuff and discussion was very cool and deep
the whole thing rocked from start to finish
lookin forward to the next one if i am in the states

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wish I could have made this. I read some reviews from others. It sounded really wonderful.

VASI

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey BDC
heard bro there might be another show?is this happening would love to go before i cut out to bangkok, let me know pLEase!

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes, possibly in June at another screening location. Nothing is firm yet. I will keep everyone updated. email me if you want to be on the mailing list.

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The focus of the next show will be most probably on Burma with one new short piece added. We are drumming up support for the uscampaignforburma and aung sung suu kyi. There is a possibility of a third show and that will focus on cambodia and thailand. Cambodia is long overdue.

VASI

Orange Belt
Reaction score
lookin forward to it--Burma was a great presentation

OP
blackdiamondcobra

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We about to lock the next Vanishing Flame show date which will be late September in Connecticut. The show will be devoted to Burma. The Connecticut Bando group helped set this show up and hopefully we will include a live demo along with the screenings and discussions. The last show was more on several topics and this show will remain focused on the martial traditions of Burma. I appreciated the support shown by many fellow martial talk members at the last show. I will open a new thread with the location, date and more info as soon as it is all secured and locked down.

Latest Discussions