• Other - please specify if you like

Results are only viewable after voting.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, okay. Not everyone is Dem or Rep, so ... those of you who are other, how would you vote in the next presidential election?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I voted other. Everything is secondary to the 2nd ammendment.

To me it all boils down to who protects the 2nd ammendment the most. My reasoning is this. The 2nd ammendment is the people's liberty TEETH, even if many of them are unaware of it. That is in fact the last nail holding the constitution on the wall. If that nail is successfully pulled, then it is over. See with the second ammendment, if the ballot box doesn't work, there is a last resort, there is always the cartridge box, the people can fall back on.

To me the protection of the 2nd ammendment is far more important that anything else, without it, it is over.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
I voted other. Everything is secondary to the 2nd ammendment.

To me it all boils down to who protects the 2nd ammendment the most. My reasoning is this. The 2nd ammendment is the people's liberty TEETH, even if many of them are unaware of it. That is in fact the last nail holding the constitution on the wall. If that nail is successfully pulled, then it is over. See with the second ammendment, if the ballot box doesn't work, there is a last resort, there is always the cartridge box, the people can fall back on.

To me the protection of the 2nd ammendment is far more important that anything else, without it, it is over.

So, David, how many other amendments to the constitution are you frittering away, currently?

What good is the second amendment, if you are not secure in your home and effects? - 4th Amendment

What good is the second amendment, if you can be taken and tried in private court, with no public visibility? - 6th Amendment.

What good is the second amendment, when you can not petition your government because they have you cordoned off into 'Free Speech Zones'? - 1st Amendment.

Seems to me, as you have been concerned with your second amendment rights ... you missed the forest.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
David's point is that without the second amndement, the govt would not give lip service to any other and that with the second amendment the people have a last resort to protect the others, should they choose.

He's not fritterting away amendments or missing the forest for the guns, he's just pointing out that the second amendment is, in his view, what will protect the other rights of the people, if need be, if they desire to.

Last election I voted Constitution Party

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jay,

I understand David's sentiment, however, in action, it is lacking.

The President has violated the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution when he authorized the NSA to place wire taps on United States citizens without the oversight of the FISA court. Those who proclaim that the 2nd Amendment will ensure the other Amendments are, in my opinion, not validating their claims.

So, it seems a convienent, but hollow, statement.

Mike

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right now, I would vote for change. But we need REAL change, not lip service.

We need someone who will LEAD this country, that refuses to be in the pocket of big buisness, and who is less concerned with keeping the party line and more concerned with keeping america strong and its citizens free.

It wont happen.

But a boy can dream.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Given that Massachusetts is in no danger of becoming a swing state, my vote has already been decided, whether I like it or not.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarah said:
Sorry for not knowing this...but which one is the 2nd ammendment?

How dare you, A foriegner, not know our consitution!

:p

Its the one that gives us the right to Keep and Arm Bears. No... wait, thats Bear Arms...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lady_kaur said:
Given that Massachusetts is in no danger of becoming a swing state, my vote has already been decided, whether I like it or not.

Thats exactly the political BS I refer to when I say this is all ATFU. THATS the kind of thing that needs to change.

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hence why I believe the party system is now plaguing the elections and that we are now finding that people are voting in certain states to win the election. Florida, Ohio, Texas, California....all hold the most importance...and it is going down party lines.

I'm not saying it should just be abolished but it is in many ways ruining the elections for the public....then mix in voting scandals that as much as you would like to think are not happening but they are...we the people of the United States have a VERY limited choice on our leaders....but I will take that limited choice over the alternative.

By the way I have never voted straight ticket. I try to get a full list of canidates and then make an opinion on them...which is hard through all the mudslinging. I did not want George Bush either time but the rest of the ballot was Republican for the most part...other than a few canidates here and there.....

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
i lean towards green party or populist parties. i head a labor party was getting some influence here in oregon and i'd be down with that.

stress _lean_. in the end i'll vote best candidate. although i might go straight party ticket if that was the price of getting a legitimate third party contender. i think our two-party system is pretty much broken.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Seems to me, as you have been concerned with your second amendment rights ... you missed the forest.
Don't get me wrong. I do care about the others, but it is the 2nd that gives the citizens recourse to affect their government. Basically it is the "In case of emergency, break glass" ammendment. I do care about the others, but when all those canidates are worthless, I will boil it down to that one thing if I am forced to.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Jay,

I understand David's sentiment, however, in action, it is lacking.

The President has violated the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution when he authorized the NSA to place wire taps on United States citizens without the oversight of the FISA court. Those who proclaim that the 2nd Amendment will ensure the other Amendments are, in my opinion, not validating their claims.

So, it seems a convienent, but hollow, statement.

Mike
It hasn't got bad enough to for the people to do what is necessary. When that time comes, we will see how people react. As the writers of the declaration of independence stated...

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarah said:
Sorry for not knowing this...but which one is the 2nd ammendment?
Here it is...

2nd Ammendment said:
[SIZE=+1]A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]

[/SIZE]

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
It hasn't got bad enough to for the people to do what is necessary. When that time comes, we will see how people react. As the writers of the declaration of independence stated...

Seems to me, it is long past the time to dress up as indians and visit the trade ships in the harbor. Yet, those in the '2nd Amendment Crowd', are so firmly attached to the current majority party, that they are unable (or unwilling) to discern the collapse of those things the 2nd Amendment is supposed to protect; manipulated by those who describe the minority as motivated by removing the right to keep and bear arms.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Right now, I would vote for change. But we need REAL change, not lip service.

We need someone who will LEAD this country, that refuses to be in the pocket of big buisness, and who is less concerned with keeping the party line and more concerned with keeping america strong and its citizens free.

I agree that we need change. You have seen my rants against things like social security. But I think it is narrow minded to only think that politicians worry about big business. The latest frackas against the Dubai port deal was not led by big business. Yet 70 percent of the populace polled said they opposed it because of the "Arab" connection. You can't find any people really knowledgable about the subject to say that it is a threat to the security of the country. You can't find any big business that stood to gain from denying them the right to buy the port. But the politicians either used it to appear to be tough on homeland security, or merely were too scared to oppose it.

And that is far from the only example. Show me the money trail from whatever big business is benifitting from keeping social security as it is. Yet this unstable pyramid scheme is known as the third rail of politics- touch it and you die. I honestly think that social securities and other entitilement programs are bigger threats than Iran or China. Yet no one is able to deal with the problem because the seasoned citizens will vote out of office anyone who even hints at cutting back on their bingo money.

If we could only get people to read and educate themselves before they vote or refrain from voting we might be better off. But all the ads you see prior to an election tell us that we should vote, not that we should actually know what is being voted on. I have seen numerous things that are just plain false spread as if they were fact to be unconcerned about giving the populace at large too much control over my life. From the McDonald's coffee story to the idea that the US armed and supported the early Taliban, there is just too much junk out there that could be done away with if only people would either research or be quite until they knew the facts.

You want a politician that will concentrate on the issues. So do I. But democracy by its nature tends to favor those that think only about getting elected. Instead of people thinking about the next generation, we get people that concentrate on the next election. And those that don't play by those rules get swept aside by those that play the game with less distractions.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note:

Discussion on Social Security split off here.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Senior Moderator

Latest Discussions