Not exactly national news, but sheesh...

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Check this out.

http://www.waow.com/news/full_story.php?id=37875

I must admit that it has me and a lot of others around here a little bit on edge. A convicted first degree murderer and an armed robber are running around here somewhere. The place they escaped from is about 15 miles north of my house, and they were spotted driving around about 15 miles south of it a couple of days later.

Freaky.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gah! Take extra care, ginshun.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little unsettling! Well, hopefully, they kept on driving since they had a car. They probably wouldn't want to stay in the area anyway. But those logistics put them going around your neighborhood. I guess you never know. Keep safe, lock your doors and windows. I'm keeping mine open on the second floor, Canada is cooling us right now. TW

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And keep that cell phone handy. One of the greatest tools for catching bad guys yet.

OP
ginshun

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
A little unsettling! Well, hopefully, they kept on driving since they had a car. They probably wouldn't want to stay in the area anyway. But those logistics put them going around your neighborhood. I guess you never know. Keep safe, lock your doors and windows. I'm keeping mine open on the second floor, Canada is cooling us right now. TW
Well, I suppose if they were the worlds brightest individuals they wouldn't have been in prison in the first place, but these guys have to be at least mildly retarded. They were spotted driving around town about 35 miles from where they escaped from, two days later. I was talking about it with my girlfriend yesterday. How dumb can somebody be? In two days, if they had any brains they should have been hundreds of miles away, instead they were just tooling around downtown in a stolen car.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ginshun said:
Well, I suppose if they were the worlds brightest individuals they wouldn't have been in prison in the first place, but these guys have to be at least mildly retarded. They were spotted driving around town about 35 miles from where they escaped from, two days later. I was talking about it with my girlfriend yesterday. How dumb can somebody be? In two days, if they had any brains they should have been hundreds of miles away, instead they were just tooling around downtown in a stolen car.
These guys are an embarassment to the brotherhood of intelligent criminals

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
ginshun said:
Keep in mind a little phenomenon that occurs in situations like this. These two guys are likely getting spotted everywhere. Everytime a suspicious vehicle drives down the block, three residents are calling the police to report they saw "those guys". It never fails.

OP
ginshun

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Keep in mind a little phenomenon that occurs in situations like this. These two guys are likely getting spotted everywhere. Everytime a suspicious vehicle drives down the block, three residents are calling the police to report they saw "those guys". It never fails.
That could be I suppose. I assume that there are tons of tips on people thinking they see them. There was at least one from a reliable enough source that it was reported in newspapers and on TV though.

That was the last I heard of them though, and that was a week ago now I think.

I am guessing they are gone.

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
And keep that cell phone handy. One of the greatest tools for catching bad guys yet.
arnisador said:
Yes, one cell phone is worth years' of martial arts lessons
Might wanna keep that Glock handy too.

OP
ginshun

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Theban_Legion said:
I would take a handgun everyhere if stupid WI had concealed carry.

As it is I will have to settle for a .44 mag under the bed.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, No one wants criminals loose! We all need to help each other with a good neighbor watch programs for one.

Our criminal laws needs to be change to be more effected in keeping guys in prison.

Times like these one needs to up their awareness and trust their instincts if they feel something is not right! ...............Aloha

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Theban_Legion said:
Nothing stops a home invasion like a few, well placed rounds.